Author Topic: Inquest-Dr. Robert Andrew Webb  (Read 835 times)

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Inquest-Dr. Robert Andrew Webb
« on: Friday 17 February 17 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone advise me how to find out the results of a inquest done on my 3x Great Grandfather, Robert Andrew Webb who passed away July 8, 1892. On the death record he was 55 years of age and had a cardiac episode. The Coroner from Co. Tipperary ordered a inquest.

I was wondering if the newspapers back then would print something about the inquest results and if so can anyone advise the name of newspapers for Co. Tipperary or any other source that might provide me with this information.

Thank you very much in advance,
Susan Graham
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Inquest-Dr. Robert Andrew Webb
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 February 17 18:18 GMT (UK) »
I couldn't find anything in the newspapers on FMPAST on an inquest but I did wonder if this was your chap:

On Saturday ,at Nenagh,Dr. Webb,a well-known practitioner,met his death under melancholy circumstances. He had arrived from Cappawhite to attend the assizes,and was eating his breakfast,when a piece of meat stuck in his throat and choked him.
The Wrexham Advertiser, and North Wales News (Wrexham, Wales), Saturday, July 16, 1892; pg. 7

A similar article in another paper says the incident happened on a Friday which would make it July 8.

Maureen

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 February 17 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Maureen, thank you so much!!! That is my Great Grandfather. He was a Doctor from Nenagh and the date of death was July 8, 1892, but on the Irishgenealogy.ie web page there is a black smudge over some of the information I couldn't make out.

So if I understand this correctly, he must have been over in Wales when this happened to him and for whatever reason, a inquest was done?

I will see if I can access the Wrexham Advisor and see the article for myself.

You are most kind and I wish you well.
Susan Graham
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Offline merrick7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 February 17 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan

That piece was only copied from a Tipperary newspaper and had nothing to do with Wrexham . If you email jogorman at tipperarylibraries.ie  which have all the Tipperary newspapers on microfilm and send John the dates and details of the incident  and inquest he will copy the microfilm and email it to you .
Fantastic service - Tipperary Studies .
Let us know how you got on .

P. J.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 February 17 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both for the useful information. I will email my request today and also follow up on the Researching Medical ancestors.

You both are so kind in your help as I had no idea where to go from the wee bit of info I have at the moment. Will advise my results.

Take care and again thank you for such kindness.
Susan Graham
Toronto, Canada