Author Topic: William Michael Connelly  (Read 3689 times)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Michael Connelly
« Reply #72 on: Friday 03 March 17 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Now this is interesting Mercel - my nosiness got the better of me :P

The RC marriage reads - Gregor Connelly and Bridget Connelly were after due proclamation married by me in  presence  of Anthony Cannon and Honora Monikar Jan 8th 1855.  F Cody.

This interested me because the death of baby Michael Connelly - son of Partrick and Ann (Cannon) in 1861 is registered by the informant Anthony Cannon (uncle), 1 Well Lane, Partick . The death took place at 3 Well Road/Lane (poor writing).

Looby :)

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Robert Forster 1892-1913
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 05 March 17 01:35 GMT (UK) »

Wow that is interesting.
Well this plot thickens by the second. Definitely confused to what went on
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

CENSUS & BMD INFO IS CROWN COPYRIGHT www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 05 March 17 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Well now spent a further two hours trying to piece this together and nothing seems to fit right as regard to the birth of William Michael. Don't think I am ever going to find out it seems to get more and more complicated the more I look. I did have a thought that his brother could be the Patrick you mentioned earlier but can't find anything linking them together.
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 05 March 17 22:18 GMT (UK) »

This interested me because the death of baby Michael Connelly - son of Partrick and Ann (Cannon) in 1861 is registered by the informant Anthony Cannon (uncle), 1 Well Lane, Partick . The death took place at 3 Well Road/Lane (poor writing).

Looby :)

This must be Uncle Anthony Canon given the address. From 1861:

Anthony Cannon 28 dock labourer b. Ireland
Catherine Cannon 28 b. Ireland
Mary Cannon 6
John Cannon 3
Michael Cannon 9 Months
Bridget Lowrie 19 lodger
Ellen Docherty 21 lodger

Address: 1 Well Lane, Partick, Govan

Wife Catherine looks to have the maiden name of Britt, going by this birth https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FQPX-N4M

Patrick Connolly and wife Ann were living in 2 Well Lane at the time of the 1861 Census.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Still not been able to confirm his date of birth or where he was born, so frustrating. I did send off for his death certificate. That came back saying he was 49when he died. He died in Wilson Street where he was living when he got married. Person present was his sister in law Isabelle. I have searched all uk entries and Scotland entries. surely he should appear on baptism records, family were Catholics.