Author Topic: PRs for Llanfyllin  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
PRs for Llanfyllin
« on: Monday 20 February 17 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, does anyone have access to the PRs for Llanfyllin? Im trying to find when my ancestor John Davies died. I know it was between 1881 and 1891.
His son John died in 1876 and was buried at Pendref Congregational Chapel, Llanfyllin, Powys, so i can only assume John snr may have been too.

Would someone be able to help out and look for his burial? He was of New Buildings Farm, LLansaintffraid in 1881.

Tom
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PRs for Llanfyllin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 February 17 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Do you have an approximate date of birth for him, Tom?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 February 17 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Going by census records it was about 1823
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 February 17 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Nothing showing in the PRs - if they were chapel, it would be not likely to show. There are three GRO death records  for a John Davies b. 1821-1825 in the Llanfyllin RD. The North Wales BMD has records down to the sub-district level  but no ages given.

Link to NWBMD: http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/cgi/deathind.cgi

FreeBMD would have the GRO records : https://www.freebmd.org.uk/search

My more detail Mont records don't go as far as the late 1800s.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 February 17 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Ahh these Davies are hard to track! I went to the Chapel in Llanfyllin yesterday and found no graves at all! I understand the sunday school was built on top of where John Jr was buried.
All of John Snr's family died of TB in the 1870s.

I have ordered a few death certs for John in the past, but none have been right so far.

Thanks for  the help,
Tom