Author Topic: Stanfield family, St. Helier, Jersey  (Read 3144 times)

Offline BassinghamTerrier

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Pashby, born Levisham 1816, and wife Mary
    • View Profile
Re: Stanfield family, St. Helier, Jersey
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 11:58 GMT (UK) »
In theory then Elizabeth should be in Jersey 1841 census - maybe.  Could be at 23 she was a married lady so not born Stanfield although it doesn't say wife  :-\
True - I had considered this also.
Perhaps wife to a hitherto undiscovered brother?

Perhaps I should her list ALL the family that I am aware of?
  • Rachel Stanfield: born/baptised 26th May 1824, Parish Church, St. Helier, Jersey
  • Ann Stanfield: born/baptised 22nd December, 1824, Parish Church, St. Helier, Jersey
  • James Stanfield: born 11th August 1827, Woolwich, Kent; baptised 25th August 1827 at the Scots Church, Woolwich, Kent
  • George Alexander Stanfield: born 6th November 1829, Hill Street, Woolwich, Kent; baptised 22nd November at St. Mary Magdalene, Woolwich, Kent
  • William Henry Stanfield: born 2nd May 1832 at Waterman's Fields, Woolwich, Kent; baptised 20th May at Woolwich St. Nicholas
Father, James Stansfield, was a Gunner in the RA between 1805 and 1827; he married Ann Murray at St Nicholas, Plumstead, Kent on 18th January 1822; by the time of the birth of the latter two boys and the marriages of the two girls he was a "warder/turnkey" at a prison somewhere.
Before anyone goes looking up these people in later censuses, I can confirm that I do know what happened to them all.
Researching ...
PASHBY in Scarborough, Levisham, and outlying area
SEDMAN in Scarborough, Scalby, Everley and Hackness
BIRD in Easington, Patrington, Sculcoates and Hull
DOBSON in Edinburgh, Wakefield, York and Scarborough
SUTTON in Wintringham and Scarborough
ROSS in Edinburgh and outlying districts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk