Author Topic: Marriage look up Newcastle archives,  (Read 3980 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up Newcastle archives,
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 December 17 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I gasped with joy when I read your post that Larry has been in contact!  Congratulations on connecting with a relation through RootsChat!  This really warms the heart.  I can feel my eyes misting over.  I am thrilled to hear of your great news. :D :)

Merry Christmas to you and Larry.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline EDISON41

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 15:26 BST (UK) »
My grandmother was called Winifred Spoors before she moved to Yorkshire, and married my grandfather Ackroyd Hanson .She was born in the North East in march 1909, and she married Ackroyd Hanson and had 3 daughters.
Two of her daughters have passed away , but my aunt (Winifred's youngest) is still alive.
Winifred moved in with her youngest daughter in 1968 when Ackroyd died, and had a stroke a couple of years later, which left her housebound. She died in February 1979.She' married an older man as my grandad was born in 1888 and she was born in 1909.They lived in the village of Silsden (near Ilkley) where  most of their family still live.
We never really discussed her life in the North East ( not helped by her having a stroke when I was 5), but it was intimated that there was another family up in the NE. So I'm not sure if this is the same person, but I'm on this site because someone posted about my grandparents on a Facebook page about Silsden , so it started me on a quest to find out more.

Offline Larry 48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 20:28 BST (UK) »
Well you're obviously my cousin.  :D which facebook page is it on? I would like to look at it. ☺

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 05 June 20 13:20 BST (UK) »
well hello Larry and Edison I think I have spoken to you both this week on Old Silsden
Facebook page
Gillian
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,