Author Topic: Allport family Uttoxeter to BrierleyHill  (Read 250 times)

Offline nessa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Allport family Uttoxeter to BrierleyHill
« on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:04 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the link which ties the Brierley Hill branch to Uttoxeter,  my 3x great grandfather Noah allport was born  in 1791 Brierley Hill to William Allport and Elizabeth Goodrich they had several children all born in Brierley Hill
Susanna 1782
John 1785
Edward 1787
Daniel 1790
Noah 1791
Elizabeth 1793
Benjamin Aston 1798
William 1802
I believe William and Elizabeth were married at Utterest  1776 so there is a gap of 6 years before I can find birth of first child.  The family in Uttoxeter seem to be mostly shoemakers , none of their children appear to carry on this trade.  I was told about the family coming from Uttoxeter  some years ago by a member of the family but not sure now if this is true.

Nessa

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Allport family Uttoxeter to BrierleyHill
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 February 17 16:28 GMT (UK) »
There is a tree on Ancestry stating Noah's father William was born 1760 Uttoxeter and William's parents Edward born 1719 Uttoxeter died 1781 Uttoxeter, mother Sarah Shipley born 1720 Uttoxeter. I would check if this is correct as the facts on some trees aren't always right.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nessa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Allport family Uttoxeter to BrierleyHill
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 17 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply, will keep on looking.