Author Topic: Sampler by WVL Van Someren  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Villia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sampler by WVL Van Someren
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 10 November 18 18:09 GMT (UK) »
I am the daughter of Dorothy Van Someren and John Spearman.  I have been researching my Van Someren uncles who died in the First World War.  I found a photo posted by Gwalodien of my parents.
Would love further information and to get in touch.

Offline Villia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 10 November 18 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you David. Strange that Dorothy spoke little of herself and family.  I think John must have been serving as an MD. He also came from a family of doctors and had many old photographs. I wonder what became of them. Sad that as a young woman, I took so little real notice of what the two of them spoke of.  I know there was a daughter who predeceased John and maybe Dorothy. A friend from the Melbourne area is now looking for family at his end.  A haunting story around the embroidery of a seven year old boy. Again, my thanks. Norma
I am the daughter of John and Dorothy and am very much still alive.  My father died in 1994 and my mother in 1985.  I would love to get in on all this chat but am brand new to the site and not finding it easy to use!

Offline Beccavan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 27 February 19 21:36 GMT (UK) »
I have a photo of my van someren Dad and Grandad in Kenya in the late 1940’s alongside a cousin John, wife Dorothy and daughter Heather. Is there a connection here?

Offline Villia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 28 February 19 07:53 GMT (UK) »
I have a photo of my van someren Dad and Grandad in Kenya in the late 1940’s alongside a cousin John, wife Dorothy and daughter Heather. Is there a connection here?

Offline Villia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 28 February 19 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Dear beccavan
I am John and Dorothy’s daughter.  My uncle, Gurner van Someren was in Kenya as was his brother Bee.
I know that I have 2 cousins in Kenya, Ian and Noel Van Someren, but sadly have lost touch with them.
I also remember that Gurner had a daughter Kathleen.
I now live in Hampshire, UK.