Author Topic: 1841 Census question  (Read 5050 times)

Offline whoosh

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1841 Census question
« on: Wednesday 27 July 05 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Is there a Census lookup available for 1841.
If so can SKS look up and see if the following person is thereand anyone else in the household please.

Jasper COPLAND listed as age 19 in 1851 Census living and born at Kirkpatrick Durham in the same household as his brother, Thomas KERR age 23.

Thanks in advance,
Darren M Flowers
Wyrallah NSW
Australia
ENG: Lincs: Flowers, Coxell, Winterton, Mays, Kime, Spreckley, Whiting, Colvin
ENG: Cornwall: Harding, Hocking, Julian, Johns, Lugg, Parsons, Bastion, Margant, Dawe, Rule, Whitburne, Andrew, Williams, James
SCO: Kirkcudbrightshire: Copland
WAL: Anglesey: Humphrey Jones
WAL: Pembrokeshire: Margaret Davis

Offline ashlek

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census question
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 August 05 04:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren,

You certainly move around a long way from Lismore.  There is a 1841 census which show a limited amount of detail it does however show Jasper as having a sister Mary. I feel that I may have sent this information on.

Have been contacted by the Manner's side of the Copland Family now have a little more information, as well as a photograph of great greatparents James & Mary Copland (Rosenthal).

Should you need an up date please contact

Margaret Copland
NSW
Australia

Offline whoosh

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census question
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 August 05 14:24 BST (UK) »
Greetings Margaret,
How are you? Nice to hear from you.
Yes I ahve moved again, however Wyrallah is only 5 minutes South of Lismore. We ahve moved onto a farm so plenty of room for all the kids to play-just 5 at home now. Have only got back into the tree during semester break. How are your studies going? Or have you finished. Mine are going slowly. I actually have your phone number in front of me, I found it the other day but you have beat me to it and posted on here.
I do not have any details of Jasper Copland from the 1841 Census, and I do not remember where the 1851 info came from-Mary found it on her computer last week. My surprise to you will not be a surprise as it appears that you already know more than me about it. Ah well I might give you a tingle tomorrow sometime and have a chat.
Darren
ENG: Lincs: Flowers, Coxell, Winterton, Mays, Kime, Spreckley, Whiting, Colvin
ENG: Cornwall: Harding, Hocking, Julian, Johns, Lugg, Parsons, Bastion, Margant, Dawe, Rule, Whitburne, Andrew, Williams, James
SCO: Kirkcudbrightshire: Copland
WAL: Anglesey: Humphrey Jones
WAL: Pembrokeshire: Margaret Davis