Author Topic: Robinson of Lancashire, Liverpool 1805  (Read 2932 times)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson of Lancashire, Liverpool 1805
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 10:38 GMT (UK) »
My mistake, I see you were talking about Charlotte's baptism rather than the marriage and baptism for Margaret Birken/Berkin.
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline kerrynstafford59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 10:46 GMT (UK) »
I am appreciative of all Gail.  It is all brilliant

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Oh my.   I cannot believe you found it.  I searched and searched.   Clearly I am useless.   I don't think anyone else has found it either so thank you.   Now you have given me something to work on.  I am over the moon.   Kerryn.    ;) :)

The church records are only at Tas Archives so no, you are not useless.  Matthew is a legend for going to the Archives for you.  The thing about Tasmania is that so many births were not registered but most children were baptised, so the church records should always be the next step.

Kerryn do you have a copy of John AMEY's 1894 death certificate?  I would like to know what it says about his spouses and children.

Debra  :)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 13:16 GMT (UK) »

Also on Familysearch is a marriage at Swynnerton, Stafford between Peter Robinson and Margaret Birkin on 3 Jul 1826.

I think that couple can be followed through the census living in Swynnerton in 1841 and then later in Stone.

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 18:49 GMT (UK) »

John appears to have been a bad lad in prison and was doing hard labour in 1842 and the early part of 1843.  I wonder how he managed to find a girl and get her pregnant.
Bev

Where are you seeing that?

http://search.archives.tas.gov.au/ImageViewer/image_viewer.htm?CON31-1-3,400,12,L,70

Apologies, I mis-read the prison record   :(

Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline kerrynstafford59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes I do have have a copy of it and I will scan it and attach it.   Thank you again.

Offline kerrynstafford59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 10 March 17 09:00 GMT (UK) »
I have just loaded a copy of John Amey's death certificate.   It does not mention Margaret at all.    Hopefully this weekend being a long weekend I can start doing some research on all the help you have given me.   

Offline judyb44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 04 August 18 01:25 BST (UK) »
Charlotte told her children that she attended a Government School in Tasmania until she was
13 years old.  If she was the illegitimate daughter of two convicts this may have been an Institution where she was required to remain for a set amount of years. If she returned to Port Albert with John in 1852 aged 13...   Ivan Frederick Amey's Family history assumes that John Amey's trip to Hobart in 1854 (??) on the"Mary Ann" was to bring Charlotte home to Port Albert.
We put two and two together and ... came up with 1. the timing was right   2. the age was almost right   3. the fact that she states her mother's name at marriage   4. Margaret (Peers) was placed in the Female Factory Nursery at the time. 5. John Amey's journey to Hobart

I went to the Female Factory a few years ago and was told that there were no birth records kept for the children of Convicts and that the children were housed at the Orphan School until age 13.

Congratulations on getting a Baptism Certificate.  I see they gave their names as Amey but I don't think they wed.  Convicts had to apply for permission and as you know Margaret applied twice but not to John.

Sometimes you just have to make a 'best guess'

The following maybe of interest:
Female Convict Research Centre Inc.
Spring Seminar, Sunday, 28th October 2018
Topic: A Great Blessing? Convict Women and Orphan School Children

Our next seminar explores the links between convict women and orphan school children. Lieutenant-Governor Arthur believed it would be ‘a great blessing’ for the children of convicts to be removed from their parents. He established the Orphan Schools to house and educate them. Children were taken from their convict mothers once they were weaned and sent to the bleak Orphan Schools at New Town. Some were as young as two.
Amey; Brodie; Daragh; McFadyen; McNeil[l], McMillan;

Offline kerrynstafford59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 04 August 18 07:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that information.    I have not had a chance to follow this up further as help other families do their tree.  I appreciate your input on this.   I did find Margaret Robinson's name on the book at the Female Factory a couple of years ago so I was confident it was her deep down but like always I second guess.
My email is (*) if you want to chat further.  Once again thank you so much.  Kerryn

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php