Author Topic: Alice May Tiplady - Looking for Birth Record ~ Philadelphia  (Read 4531 times)

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Alice May Tiplady - Looking for Birth Record ~ Philadelphia
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 02 March 17 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Looks like they may have had 2 sons

Tiplady    Wilfred    Harron    Sculcoates    9d   296 - December 1911

and March 1922

Tiplady    James    Harron    Sculcoates    9d   259 -  March 1922

Sandra

Added Interesting an ancestry tree gives Wilfred and Margaret but no details for Margaret  ???

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 02 March 17 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I do a lot of research in Pennsylvania and would like to help you but you will need to clarify a few things, as I am confused. For one thing, you mentioned Philadelphia and then you mentioned York, and I'm thinking that you were referring to York, Pennsylvania. It took me awhile to realize this was not so.

You are doing researching on behalf of an 89-year old woman who is looking for her parents. She believes that her mother is the Alice May Tiplady mentioned in the 1911 census, born in the United States and living with her uncle and aunt, correct? If so, how did you arrive at a birth location of Philadelphia?

Second, if it was the Brearleys that were in America and the Tipladys never left England, how could Alice Tiplady have been born in the U.S.A.?

Sorry if these questions seem obvious, but I can't sort them out. Just let me know and I will see what I can find, if you are still interested.

Hi Em...The information came from Ancestry through her Grandson's research.
I can only give you what has been passed to me by her Grandson.
Thanks for your interest.
 Carol 
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 02 March 17 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Probate for the first son Wilfred (1911) passed away 3 Feb 1983 8 Charnwood Close Hall Road Leckhampton Cheltenham - vol 22 page 1798
Probate Date   11 Mar 1983 - Registry   Birmingham

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 02 March 17 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Looks like they may have had 2 sons

Tiplady    Wilfred    Harron    Sculcoates    9d   296 - December 1911

and March 1922

Tiplady    James    Harron    Sculcoates    9d   259 -  March 1922

Sandra

That's right Sandra...Wilfred had two children in the 1940s..a son and a Daughter with May Williamson who where born in The Wirral and will still be living. I have a photo of them both with a lady named "May in our garden" but which May now...i'm not sure.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 March 17 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Probate for the first son Wilfred (1911) passed away 3 Feb 1983 8 Charnwood Close Hall Road Leckhampton Cheltenham - vol 22 page 1798
Probate Date   11 Mar 1983 - Registry   Birmingham

Sandra

Thanks Sandra...I have the same death date in Cheltenham but not the address.
Carol

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 02 March 17 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Maybe this could be another possibility for the mother of Alice May  ??? Another Tiplady sister Annie Margaret Tiplady - 26 Apr 1883 - Walsall West Midlands. Passed away 26 Oct 1909 -
Derby, Derby Unitary Authority, Derbyshire. Cemetery Nottingham Road Cemetery.
Chaddesden, Derby Unitary Authority, Derbyshire.

FIND A GRAVE

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=156634309&ref=acom

Sandra

Offline e_m

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 02 March 17 19:31 GMT (UK) »
So you no longer want or need the birth information, correct?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 02 March 17 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Maybe this could be another possibility for the mother of Alice May  ??? Another Tiplady sister Annie Margaret Tiplady - 26 Apr 1883 - Walsall West Midlands. Passed away 26 Oct 1909 -
Derby, Derby Unitary Authority, Derbyshire. Cemetery Nottingham Road Cemetery.
Chaddesden, Derby Unitary Authority, Derbyshire.

FIND A GRAVE

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=156634309&ref=acom

Sandra
Sandra....there were a few Sisters but I think Ada is the most likely but it's good to have this one one too...I've not seen this one before...thanks again...you are a star larker...I hope you have eaten  ;D ;D
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 02 March 17 20:10 GMT (UK) »
So you no longer want or need the birth information, correct?

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion Em...it has been noted that she was born in Philadelphia but at this moment in time...no birth registration has been located for her with either the surname Tiplady or Brearley anywhere...so, the jury is still out.
Thanks for your interest and all help is very much appreciated. Her birth date on the 1939 register gives her birth date of Oct. 8, 1905 and that is where I think the info came from, but, as mentioned earlier...facts could have been distorted to hide the truth of her birth if she was the illegitimate child fathered by a married man.
Thanks for your interest.
Carol