Author Topic: Otonabee land current resident?  (Read 213 times)

Offline USCRx

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Otonabee land current resident?
« on: Friday 03 March 17 16:13 GMT (UK) »
My ancestor, George Gillespie (1786-1866) owned and lived on land in the Northeast Quarter of Otonabee Township. I have a copy of the land registry records for him. I'm reasonably sure he and his wife are buried on the property. I would like to contact the current owner / resident to see if this is true. Any suggestions on how to find out who is the current owner / resident?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Otonabee land current resident?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 March 17 19:04 GMT (UK) »
The local library may be able to help. Here's a link to their website:
http://www.otosoumon.library.on.ca/

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.