Author Topic: 28 Glen Gardens, Callander  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Kjell2411

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Glen Gardens, Callander
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 09:16 GMT (UK) »
There appears to be a queiry regarding Marjorie's whereabouts from 1962 to 1977 she moved from Leighton Place to a Prefab I cannot remember now the exact address, the prefabs where located at the bottom of Camp Place, possibly Willoughby Place in that area, not sure if this was temporary accomodation while the houses in Glen Gardens where being built.   She then moved to Glen Gardens,   Ian MacDonald my uncle (son/Stepson I'm confused now) moved back in with Majorie some time later and stayed at the that address.   Ian's wife still lives at that address.
I have to admit that this new information that you have posted is all new to me.  I only put Majories details into Google after recently visiting an old uncles place in Dumfries & Galloway and I was trying to make the family connection between this Uncle and my Grand Parents.   

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes, she seemed not to be in the register of electors for a spell. This might account for her being missing.

If you reply to this post I will be able to send you the information I have.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Kjell2411

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hope this helps, I’m sorry I can’t give you an address relating to the prefab cottages, it was a local authority property and I only remembered that I helped her move from 4 Leighton place, I was 19/20 at the time.
Ian Macdonald passed away about 5 yrs ago and as I said his wife as far as I know still lives at 28 Glen Gardens.
The only other family that still live in Callander are Angus Macdonald (local electrician) lives on Main Street.  Hector Macdonald the eldest son of James (my grandfather) passed away about 7yrs ago, his wife Nancy still lives on Main Street, their sons Alex and Stephen live with their families in the town.   Alex now owns 4 Leighton place.
Hectors daughter Nancy I believe lives in the Edinburgh area.
My mother Finella was the second eldest, she passed away 3rd Dec 1998 she lived in Wales in her later years.
Florence Mowatt nee Macdonald moved to Canada Montreal in the late 50’s never to return, I met her in Montreal in 1987.
Rodrick (Roddy) moves around for a lot of years ending up in Thun, Switzerland.   He passed awash some 10yrs ago.  His family still live there.
Angus and Ian ive spoke about, there’s only one other Marie Macdonald she passed away probably 1999.  Hector, Ian, and Marie are laid to rest in Callander cemetery.
I would be interest to know you interest in my Gran and family.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 19:24 GMT (UK) »
I will send you a Personal Message.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline getcharlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 03 June 18 01:45 BST (UK) »
I was surprised and intrigued to come across this thread. Mrs Macdonald was my grandmother too. I would be interested to hear about your interest in the family history 'Forfarian'.
It's been a while since you posted your notes, so I hope it's not too late to make contact.
Hope to hear from you. Thank you.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 03 June 18 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi getcharlotte, welcome to RootsChat.

My interest is that as far as I know all the Mougs (spellings vary wildly) in Scotland are descended from David Moug and Margaret Guthrie, who was my 1st cousin 6 times removed, and I was looking for information about what became of Margaret Marjory Moug, born 1909.

What has turned up is a little more complicated than I had expected. I am happy to share with you but I can't send you a Personal Message until you have made 2 more posts.

Offline getcharlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 03 June 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I would be very interested to hear what you turned up in your research..

Offline getcharlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 03 June 18 10:13 BST (UK) »
..and perhaps I could offer what I know to help fill in gaps.
Thanks so much for posting so quickly.
Best wishes.

Offline LFowler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 May 22 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if you're still using this, but I'm trying to help my Mum look into her family tree.  We did a DNA test and Angus MacDonald comes back as a 1st-2nd Cousin.  He's posted that his Dad is James MacDonald and his Mum is Marjorie Moug.  When I did a search on Marjorie Moug it took me to this thread.  I'm trying to help my Mum find out who her Grandfather is.  From looking through the MacDonald family tree, I don't think she's related to any of them.  The ages don't match up.  I think she might be related to Marjorie's Dad who's not named on her birth cert. I just wondered if you know where Majorie's family lived before she was born in Fife by any chance?