Author Topic: Margaret and Eleanor Fowler ?1930 birth?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret and Eleanor Fowler ?1930 birth?
« on: Friday 10 March 17 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi does anyone have any information on Margaret nd Eleanor Fowler, sisters born ?1930 ish, mother Eleanor Fowler (later Boyd),father Thomas Fowler, of Fallin? I dont have married names. Thank you.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret and Eleanor Fowler ?1930 birth?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 March 17 10:44 GMT (UK) »
The information you want is available via www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Fallin is in the parish of St Ninians, Stirlingshire

There is a marriage of Eleanor Ryan to Thomas Fowler in 1926 in St Ninians.

Eleanor Fowler was born in 1932 in St Ninians.
Margaret Fowler was born in 1934 in St Ninians.

There is a death of a Thomas Fowler, aged 35 in St Ninians in 1935.

There are 13 other births of Fowlers in St Ninians between 1925 and 1936. Some of them may be siblings of Eleanor and Margaret.

There is a marriage of an Eleanor Ryan or Fowler to David Boyd in St Ninians in 1940.

An Eleanor Fowler married William Brown in St Ninians in 1952.

A Margaret Fowler married James Henderson in St Ninians in 1959.

You can view and download the first two marriage certificates and Thomas' death certificate at a cost of £1.50 each. The marriage certificates will tell you the couple's occupations and place of residence, and the full names of their parents including their mothers' maiden names.

As the births are less than 100 years ago and the later marriages are less than 75 years ago you cannot view them online. You can either send away for copies of the birth certificates and later marriage certificates at £12 each, or you could hire a professional researcher to transcribe them, or you can see if anyone who plans a visit to the Scotland's People Centre would be willing to transcribe them for you. Or you might decide that you can manage without the birth certificates, because the only additional information they will tell you is the address where they were born, the address where their parents lived at the time (if different) and Thomas' occupation at the time, which may not be the same as on his marriage and death certificates.

Bear in miond that it is possible that the marriages in 1952 and 1959 could be different people with the same names (though I think that is unlikely).

Hope this helps.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 March 17 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Just to add -
SP has a death for a Margaret Fowler(or Henderson or boyd) 2005 , age 71 , Stirling Stirling(shire) , mother's maiden surname Ryan.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Sarah Stewart

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 February 18 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi does anyone have any information on Margaret nd Eleanor Fowler, sisters born ?1930 ish, mother Eleanor Fowler (later Boyd),father Thomas Fowler, of Fallin? I dont have married names. Thank you.

They were my aunties. How can I help you?