Author Topic: Ancestry Newest Records..............  (Read 2521 times)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Newest Records..............
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 March 17 17:12 GMT (UK) »
I'd checked the Ancestry latest changes list this morning and hadn't seen these.

Then I realised that the newest of these changes was 10 days ago, the oldest over a month.

Must be just me who's obsessive about finding more records about my lot!
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 March 17 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for letting us know!

I hadn't seen them either, had my head buried in old Irish records.

So, I looked up one person who I knew died in 2015, one of my lovely family history friends  :( :'( who also happened to be my mother in law's second cousin, neither knew each other existed.

I had her death date as 8 Feb 2015 from online probate records, This new England and Wales death index gives her death as 1 Mar 2015.  I'm assuming it's the funeral date.
DOB was correct and district was also correct.

Take care with the dates!... it would be more helpful if they gave the source or even a list of possible sources.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 March 17 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Not heard anything yet about the digitisation but I shall buy some champers when I look at new records and it says "Suffolk, England PR's 1538-1812 and 1813-onwards for baptisms and burials and 1754-onwards marriages".
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 March 17 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Just checked and my dad, mum and friend are all there for Edinburgh, Scotland between 2005 and 2010. All information correct.

Only thing is they have titled mum as MS not Mrs - she would have been horrified to see herself  described as this. Older generation almost 92 years old when she passed away in 2010.

Would really like to know where they got their information from.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 March 17 20:28 GMT (UK) »
England and Wales, Death Index, 2007-2015  - Get the facts on recently departed relatives from England and Wales in this index.

As KG said, this isn't from the official register, so is misleading. My aunt who died in August 2008 is there, but my mother, her identical twin, who died in January 2009 isn't. Strangely though, death notices for both were placed in the same local paper, so it must be a bit hit and miss whether or not they have been picked up.

I'm not sure if information comes from Probate calendars as my aunt's information gives her date of birth and that isn't on the Probate list is it?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 11 March 17 22:03 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother appears in the index. As thee was no newspaper announcement of her death, we are assuming the undertakers must have provided the info.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 11 March 17 22:06 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother appears in the index. As thee was no newspaper announcement of her death, we are assuming the undertakers must have provided the info.

That could explain why my aunt is there and my mother isn't, it was different undertakers. I wonder if Ancestry bought the information from them and some have refused to sell it?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 11 March 17 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Not heard anything yet about the digitisation but I shall buy some champers when I look at new records and it says "Suffolk, England PR's 1538-1812 and 1813-onwards for baptisms and burials and 1754-onwards marriages".

They could of course end up on FindMyPast.  What's worrying about that is I'm now unsure who would make the worst job of it in light of the numerous omissions in recent FindMyPast datasets. I always used to think that was more an Ancestry issue. :-\

Just waiting impatiently for Ancestry to launch the Wiltshire PRs, something the Record Office announced was being done early last year. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 March 17 22:10 GMT (UK) »

That could explain why my aunt is there and my mother isn't, it was different undertakers. I wonder if Ancestry bought the information from them and some have refused to
sell it?

Ancestry bought the info from a third party, so the undertakers sold it to them and not directly to Ancestry.

I doubt the companies selling knew Ancestry were going to purchase it, at least for the original release the other year.