Author Topic: Spollen family, 21 Temple Cottages, Broadstone, Dublin.  (Read 6936 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Spollen family, 21 Temple Cottages, Broadstone, Dublin.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul
          mylucks link to Garristown has thrown up a few surprises as when i opened the Garristown link there is also a Terry Spollen buried there in 1930?
looking at the birth index on Family Search there is Terence Spollen born 1939 mothers name Elliott.
Also buried there is Richard Elliott husband of Julia who could be Anne Elliott's parents
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1960/04339/4121985.pdf
so i did a search and found a possible match Richard Elliott widower Ratoath and Julia Webb 1914
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1914/09849/5576641.pdf
1911 with his 6 yr old son Christopher
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Meath/Ratoath/Ratoath/715412/
so i then looked for his first marriage
which i found in Dublin in 1901 to Elizabeth Doyle dtr of Christopher Doyle a gunsmith i got an even bigger surprise as the witnesses are my wife's grandparents Francis Pacelli and Mary nee Doyle/Pacelli who were living in Capel St but their children born late 1890s were born in Chancery Lane and Golden Lane.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1901/10310/5752980.pdf
I have never found a marriage for Francis Pacelli and Mary Doyle but now believe that Elizabeth Doyle and Mary Pacelli are sisters as i found their baptisms on Irish Genealogy church records to Christopher Doyle and Mary Donnelly, Elizabeth 1868 and Mary 1871 at Whitefriar st.
so i think that has solved my brick wall

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 16:01 GMT (UK) »
There's good karma dathai!
Delighted your brick wall has got a knocking when you thought you weren't looking at your own family at all!! ;D
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Dathai, I'm glad you got to chip away part of your brick wall. I'm sure you already have this marriage record, but just in case! A boy named Pacelli from Golden Lane marrying a girl called Mary in 1894.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1894/10562/5847754.pdf

in bocca al lupo

Paul.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes Paul thats Francis brother he died 1912 and on the census he has his parents living with him,they had originally been living in Scotland early 1890s lived in Dublin for ten years went back to Scotland and emmigrated to Canada 1913.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Trinity_Ward/Brunswick_Street__Great_/88615/

The wonderful Rootschatters on the Europe board here on Rootschat found all the siblings for me living in Canada,America,Scotland and even got an email from a girl in Australia who was a descendant of one of the sisters.

Dathai

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Dathai, I'm sure you are already aware of this but just in case,I see one of Martin McGuinness's forenames was Pacelli,named after Pope Pius XII whose family name was Eugenio Pacelli.

Regards.
Paul.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Family lore has it that they were related to the pope but never been able to make any connection

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 23 March 17 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Family lore has it that they were related to the pope but never been able to make any connection

Don't give up - family lore often holds truth, even if not the whole truth!
I've proven connections over the last few years that were based on lore but they all turned out to show the people involved were related but not the way people thought!

"The Pope" is a popular nickname in certain areas..... just saying!
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 March 17 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hee Hee what hope have i got,while the name is unique in Ireland i just got 237,648 results
when typing the name Pacelli into Family search Historical Records

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 23 March 17 10:42 GMT (UK) »
 ;D   ;)
Further generations: