Author Topic: Joseph Sinderby/Sinderbe/Synderbe  (Read 836 times)

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Sinderby/Sinderbe/Synderbe
« on: Sunday 12 March 17 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

I am currently trying to track down a marriage for a Joseph Sinderby/Sinderbe/Synderbe to an Elizabeth and am running up very little on any Sinderby/Sinderbe/Synderbe groups.  I have the only child I can find--my direct ancestor--Joseph Sinderby born 1730 Fretherne.  I have both Joseph and Elizabeth buried in Fretherne 1761 and 1754 respectively and Joseph Sr. baptized in Westbury on Severn in 1684.

That date would have made Joseph Sr. 45 when his son was born, which in my group is a bit odd if there are no previous children. At first I thought maybe Elizabeth and him weren't really married, but both her burial record and their son's baptism list her as his wife.

Does anyone have any ideas for any online sources I can search?  I see records for possible cousins/siblings of Joseph but not him himself.

thanks in advance!
Nich
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,

Offline giggsycat

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Sinderby/Sinderbe/Synderbe
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 March 17 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nich

If you register for this site http://forest-of-dean.net/joomla/index.php there are 164 PR Transcriptions for Sinderby and 51 for Cinderby. Cindery is another variant!

Regards
Giggsy

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 March 17 23:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I did spend some time searching the FoD, but didn't have much luck.  The closest to Joseph of any variation was a marriage for Josephus Saunders---and that's too much of a variation in my opinion.

I appreciate your help though...I'll try another go through :)

Nich
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,

Online Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 10:40 GMT (UK) »

Forest of Dean Marriage Allegations and Marriages Bonds

2 records

4 February 1760

Joseph SINDERBY (over 21) occupation: Gardener
residence: Freethorne

Sarah TAYLOR

He signs:

witness 1: Richard MILLARD a Victualler of Dursley and Mary HOBBS

The groom and Richard MILLARD are bound in the sum of £100
To marry at Berkley

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I should have been a tiny bit more specific. I can't find a Joseph marriage between 1700-1731.

You were able to kindly pull up the son. I need the father. Don't have the bound by £100 bit though so thanks again!

Nich

Online Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 March 17 12:48 GMT (UK) »
?  Family Search/Ancestry/Forest of Dean records

have a baptism at Frampton On Severn  (1.5 miles from Fretherne)

20 December 1713

Mary daughter of Joseph & Elizabeth SINDERBURY

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 March 17 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you! I didn't have Mary but do see it on family search.  Interesting that there are no immediate children in the 17 years between (or not transcribed), but at least Mary was born when the parents were about 28---makes me feel a bit better.  Helps narrow when a marriage should be at any rate.

thanks again for the help...
nich