Author Topic: WEYBREAD Baptism Lookup Please 16th July 1831  (Read 628 times)

Offline Deborah G

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WEYBREAD Baptism Lookup Please 16th July 1831
« on: Tuesday 14 March 17 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could kindly confirm a baptism please. On familysearch.org I found the baptism of ELIZA MIKINS, at Weybread on 16th July 1831, father James, mother Susan. I'm hoping this is actually the baptism of ELIZA WISKINS/WHISKINS. I'm having great difficulty tracking down her baptism.....all her brothers were baptised at Weybread to parents JAMES WISKINS/WHISKINS and SUSAN LARTER. The year 1831 would seem to fit with my research. Any other information found in this entry would be very much appreciated.

Deb (Sydney, Australia)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WEYBREAD Baptism Lookup Please 16th July 1831
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 09:59 GMT (UK) »
I can't find an Eliza Wiskins but the Suffolk Baptism Index does have the baptism on 16 July 1831 at Weybread of an Eliza Wilkins, daughter of James, a Labourer, and Susan.

It is a transcription only, you really need to see the original to see exactly how the surname is written.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Deborah G

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 March 17 03:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much, Emelton, for that infomation! It's encouraging....at least WILKINS is a closer match to Wiskins/Wiskins than Milkins!

I agree, I really do need to see the original to confirm if it's my man. Hopefully someone may be able to do that for me.

Kind regards,
Deb

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 17:12 GMT (UK) »
I had a look at the original register, looked like Wilkins or Milkins to me .....  ???