Author Topic: Roberts/Jones family in Bagillt  (Read 2537 times)

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roberts/Jones family in Bagillt
« on: Friday 17 March 17 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm looking for any information about the following family -

Isaac Roberts was born in 1855 in Bagillt and according to his birth certificate his parents were William Roberts a miner and Mary Roberts formerly Jones.

I've been trying to find a marriage for William Roberts to Mary Jones. There is a possible marriage at Bistre Emmanuel Flintshire in 1853.

The family were possibly in Bagillt in 1861 but I can't find them on the census so they could have been listed on the missing census pages.

I can't find a baptism for Isaac Roberts in Bagillt.

The closest Isaac Roberts I can find in 1871 is living with his uncle Thomas Roberts and aunt Caroline although Isaac is shown as 17 born in Liverpool and no parents William or Mary to find their ages/places of birth.

Isaac was married to Mary Jane Davies in 1876 in Bagillt his father William a collier.

Best wishes,

Carole

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts/Jones family in Bagillt
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 March 17 22:13 GMT (UK) »
There is this Birth Registration in Holywell Flintshire which would be the Registration District if he was born in Bagillt.Jul/Aug/Sep 1855.Volume 11b,Page 251.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 March 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi William,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I have Isaac's birth certificate born Bagillt 1855 son of William Roberts and Mary formerly Jones.

I have been struggling to find the family members on the census returns and a marriage for William Roberts to Mary Jones. I have Isaac on census returns 1881 onwards.

Best wishes,

Carole

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 March 17 22:26 GMT (UK) »
I'm not finding the William Roberts and Mary too readily on any Census.The only one I 'm finding is with a William Roberts born in 1804.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 March 17 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi William,

I hadn't noticed that one.
What year is that census with William b1804?

Carole

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 March 17 23:42 GMT (UK) »
1851 I think.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 March 17 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you :)

Found William b 1804 m Mary in 1851. Mary would be about 50 in 1855 when Isaac was born?

Going with the Isaac Roberts aged 17 in 1871 living with his uncle Thomas Roberts and aunt Caroline in Bagillt if I've followed Thomas back correctly he did have an older brother William b abt 1833 Holywell son of John Roberts and Jane Davies. This is the only Isaac Roberts I can find in 1871 that might match. Looking at the original census he is definitely indexed correctly at 17. Thomas and Caroline's son was born in Liverpool and Isaac is shown as the same the rest of the family Holywell although Caroline is shown as different birthplaces on different censuses.

I suppose with the 1861 census missing it might be very difficult to find them.

Carole

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 19 March 17 18:41 GMT (UK) »
There is a very interesting Marriage at Holywell St James in 1853 between a William Roberts and a Mary Leighton according to North Wales BMD.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 19 March 17 19:32 GMT (UK) »
The 1855 birth registration Holywell, Sep Qtr, 11b  251 - mother's maiden name Leighton

There is a Holywell birth registration Jun Qtr 1857, 11b 265, mother's maiden name Jones (this may be the Whitford birth on North Wales' BMDs)