Author Topic: India Office Records lookup help please  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Chander

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: India Office Records lookup help please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 February 19 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Gday I'm from Western Australia and we (Rootschat) have been chasing down my dad's background. We've chased him to Walter and Kathleen Seale's family. The man's name is Robert. Is some one able to do a search for Walter's will. It could help to identify if Robert is his son. The death was in Bengal in 1937. Many thanks BettyBoopits :)
hi I’m new to this and am also seeking re Robert Edward Seale who married in Cawnpore 1920 to Marjorie Gertrude Wilkins aged 18. He was older probably in his 30s his wife having been found for him by the nuns at? He had two children Trevor born 1921 and Marjorie born 1928. Any intel huge. Chandler :)

Offline BettyBoops

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 February 19 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Chandler, (767638) what is your connection to this Robert Seale? I believe he MAY be related to me (love to think it was my Dad). I will chase up what I have on that side of the family tomorrow. We are in Cyprus so there will be a time difference. Is there some way of private messaging? Cheers, Betty

Offline Chander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 February 19 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Chandler, (767638) what is your connection to this Robert Seale? I believe he MAY be related to me (love to think it was my Dad). I will chase up what I have on that side of the family tomorrow. We are in Cyprus so there will be a time difference. Is there some way of private messaging? Cheers, Betty
hi Betty. Fantastic for such a quick response. I am researching a novel and authorised to follow up Robert Seale who is the grandfather 0f my client. Robert (known as Edward) was born in 1889 and had a drapers store in Cawnpore India. He had two sisters and died on or about 1960 when there was a court case to contest his will. He left all his money to his estranged wife Marjorie and his son Trevor fought the will and won all the Seale money. He was a doctor and returned to Uk in 1950s. Private messaging would be great but I don’t know how to suggest that using this forum? I’m currently in South Africa nut back in UK end March. All best.

Offline BettyBoops

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 February 19 14:40 GMT (UK) »
:) :)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 10 February 19 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi to both of you.

Chander - if you post once more to take your total to three, you can private message Betty via clicking on the image of the piece of paper in the circle underneath her name.

Betty - you're wiser to remove the email address to avoid spam!

And welcome to Rootchat, Chander!
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline BettyBoops

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 February 19 14:43 GMT (UK) »
thank you for the advice. :) :) after so long (and a huge move overseas) another thread has opened up, and who knows where it will lead :) :) :) I do but live in hope :)

Offline Chander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 10 February 19 14:46 GMT (UK) »
thank you for the advice. :) :) after so long (and a huge move overseas) another thread has opened up, and who knows where it will lead :) :) :) I do but live in hope :)
Hi to both of you.

Chander - if you post once more to take your total to three, you can private message Betty via clicking on the image of the piece of paper in the circle underneath her name.

Hi to both of you.

thank you igor.

Offline Chander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 10 February 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi to both of you.

Hi to both of you.

thank you igor.
Hi to both of you.

Hi to both of you.

thank you igor.
Hi to both of you.

Hi to both of you.

thank you igor.
i have very little on Robert as I am pursuing his wife more. They were both Roman Catholic’s and got married at the Catholic Church in Cawnpore