Author Topic: Missing Home Child Alice Keats bn 1898 in Ipswich  (Read 5918 times)

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Home Child
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all your kind replies,yesterday I contacted a niece and nephew (from different siblings) and neither knew these 2 children exsisted or each other !.A very broken family it seems.
I have tried the 1921 census just putting in 1st  name, birth England and arrival 1914,as well as trying the same for marriage in 1917/18 and also deaths using her d/o/b but the chances of her knowing it I would imagine are very slim.
Problem is I am a real novice at the Canadian records and really thought they would be the same as the English BMD have not realised it if very different.
Will keep looking and trying new sites.
Thanks again

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 10:45 BST (UK) »
I have come back to have another try at looking for Alice as she can't just disappear on me !
I have research her mothers family and 3 of her sisters and 1 brother all emigrated to Canada all to the Saskatchewan region.
As her brother put his mothers name as next of kin and address on his ww1 records,I believe these children still had contact with the family.
Myself and several others (on different site) have looked for the marriage of Alice in possibly 1918 and have drawn a blank I think now it may be likely that Alice joined all her Aunts and Uncles (or wishful thinking) in Saskatchewan.
I was wondering if any one knows any way of accesses records from this area as I am struggling with what I can find ?
Thank you

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:12 BST (UK) »
I have come back to have another try at looking for Alice as she can't just disappear on me !
I have research her mothers family and 3 of her sisters and 1 brother all emigrated to Canada all to the Saskatchewan region.

As her brother put his mothers name as next of kin and address on his ww1 records,I believe these children still had contact with the family.
Myself and several others (on different site) have looked for the marriage of Alice in possibly 1918 and have drawn a blank I think now it may be likely that Alice joined all her Aunts and Uncles (or wishful thinking) in Saskatchewan.
I was wondering if any one knows any way of accesses records from this area as I am struggling with what I can find ?
Thank you

Have you found obituaries for those siblings ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:41 BST (UK) »
I haven't ,I did find the death of one who I think was the one who is most likely to know Alice as she didn't emigrate until 1911 and she was Mary Ann Ellen Keates married to Charles "Abraham" Burman.She died in 1952 and I found her death on family search.
I will look through those links now Thank you

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:52 BST (UK) »
Is this the one  ???  Mary Anne (Nellie) Burman - 12 August 1952 - Coquitlam, British Columbia.

Father Robert Keates and Mother's Name Alice Pepper
Spouse's Name   Abraham Burman

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FLPZ-1DJ

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:55 BST (UK) »
This might be worth a try ...............You could try email an RAOGK volunteer to see if they can help with obituary for Mary  - one listed here

https://www.raogk.org/lookups/region/british-columbia/

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:57 BST (UK) »
If you give us the other names one at a time we can certainly look and see what we can find.

Sandra

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 11:58 BST (UK) »
The siblings of Alice's mother that I am sure emigrated are
Mary Ann Ellen (Nellie Kates/Keates married Charles Abraham Burman emigrated 1911 she died 12 Aug 1952 in Coquitlam,British Columbia
Lucy  Kates/Keates born 1877 died I think 12 Dec 1926 (from ancestry tree) she married a Charles Abraham Creamer or Cramer and emigrated before 1899 so unlikely she knew Alice
Violetta Victora Kates/Keates born 1897 and married Samuel Moffatt she died 1952 in Regina ,Saskatchewan but was the same age as Alice so again was unlikely to know her well
Robert Charles Kates/Keates born 1890 am not sure when he emigrated but it was after 1906 I think.
I have took some info from trees on Ancestry but have checked on family search and the info given seems correct.
The one who I am interested in is Mary Ann she only had the one daughter Hilda May and she did know Alice (have seen her name in newspaper reports about the child neglect Alice and her siblings suffered)
Do you think its very unlikely Alice would of travelled to be with her aunts or is it one of the reasons I cannot find her marriage as Saskatchewan records are still being recorded online.
I cannot find her death as without a surname from her marriage its impossible