Author Topic: Moody Family  (Read 792 times)

Offline paul_poppy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moody Family
« on: Sunday 19 March 17 04:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am new to this site and trying to figure out how to use/post on the forums to research my family tree.  I am after some information about one of the Moody's.  Specifically is Eleanor/Leaner/ Lena May Williams (nee Moody) the same person as Virginia Williams (nee Moody).  We have records showing both first names.   I am Virginia’s grandson, son of her eldest daughter Jean Madden-Hallett (nee Williams).  So I knew her name as Virginia when I was a boy.  Recently we have found records, such as her husband’s (David Evan Williams) military enlistment with next of kin Leanor Williams and Jean’s birth record with Lena May Williams as her mother’s name.  So we are looking for info to shed some light on whether this is name change or is it a different person.  We are thinking it is same person using different names but we would like to settle on this before we continue on the family tree.
Cheers
Paul

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 1907 Tasmanian Marriage Look Up
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 March 17 06:41 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Paul.

You need to start a new topic on the main Australia board. You will see the "New Topic" button to the right of the screen. You might like to put your grandmother's name and the state in the subject title.

Please note that it is Rootschat policy not to mention the names of those still living.

Jamjar.

Hi, I am new to this site and trying to figure out how to use/post on the forums to research my family tree.  I am after some information about one of the Moody's.  Specifically is Eleanor/Leaner/ Lena May Williams (nee Moody) the same person as Virginia Williams (nee Moody).  We have records showing both first names.   I am Virginia’s grandson, son of her eldest daughter Jean Madden-Hallett (nee Williams).  So I knew her name as Virginia when I was a boy.  Recently we have found records, such as her husband’s (David Evan Williams) military enlistment with next of kin Leanor Williams and Jean’s birth record with Lena May Williams as her mother’s name.  So we are looking for info to shed some light on whether this is name change or is it a different person.  We are thinking it is same person using different names but we would like to settle on this before we continue on the family tree.
Cheers
Paul
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 March 17 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Paul I will get back to you. Your mother is in a book of Moody descendants as the second child of Virginia Lena May "Virgy" Moody. The only descendants listed are her her four children with no birth, death or marriage information for those four.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 March 17 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Here are two of the requested marriage lookups -

Both Thomas and Lena May Moody's marriages took place at the King Street Independent Chapel (which is down Sandy Bay way)

Thomas' occurred on the 18/04/1907 - residence: Sandfly, age: 33, Farmer, born: Hobart, Parents: James Moody and Elizabeth Smith. Witness': Mark Wallis, 330 Elizabeth Street, Mary Ann Glorchey.

Lena May's occurred on the 8/04/1912 - residence Hobart, age: 28, domestic duties, born: Sandy Bay Parents: James Moody and Elizabeth Johns. Witness': M L Palfreyman, Hobart,  T R Coulson, Geeveston.

Given that the JOHNS/SMITH surnames have cropped up in relation to Elizabeth Jones and also the Brent/Smith/Moody connection in the post by Debrah could this below be the key to Elizabeth Jones' origins -

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/AUS-Tasmania/2006-08/1154559866

Cheers,

Peter

I hope you saw this Paul.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 March 17 12:32 GMT (UK) »
I forgot to say welcome to Roots Chat from your Cousin ;D

Just hit the reply button at the bottom of the page. 

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Moody Family
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

I can see that you were online again recently, but have still not made any replies to your two topics ??? If you are looking for the reply button you will find it just below the last reply on the topics it is blue in colour.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk