Author Topic: Michaelchurch Escley graves  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
Michaelchurch Escley graves
« on: Saturday 25 March 17 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if the MI's in the Michaelchurch Escley graveyard have been transcribed, and if so is it possible to purchase this? I visited there in 2010, and copied the words of my Whistance ancestors memorial stones, but unfortunately have lost the words. There are 3 "Whistance" stones, quite hard to read when I was on site, but impossible from my close ups, and one was crumbled badly - so I hoped that the transcriptions had been done before this happened. I live hundreds of miles away and work full time, so a trip to redo is not something I can easily do, so I'm hoping someone can help. I have attached the photo of the 3 stones to the right of the photo.

There is also an interesting record of 4 Whistance burials recorded here
http://www.ewyaslacy.org.uk/Michaelchurch-Escley/Herefordshire-Burials-Index-Extract-for-the-parish-of-Michaelchurch-Escley/1813-1839/rs_mic_0288

I'd be interested to know what link they have - I know one of the Mary's will be Benjamin'a wife Mary Jones, but it would be good to know the other relationships.
Hope someone can help.
Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Still, Fraser, Robertson, Burnet & Lumsden
Banffshire; Cruickshank, Bennet, Broug, Allen, West & Lyal
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes