Author Topic: Mary Roberts born Llantysilio 1872  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Finola36

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Roberts born Llantysilio 1872
« on: Friday 31 March 17 15:44 BST (UK) »
I'm having trouble finding my Great Grandmother, Mary Roberts who I believe was born in Llantysilio in 1872. I can't find her on the 1881 or 1891 census. I'd like to confirm her year of birth and her parents names so I can carry on with my family tree research but keep drawing a blank. Can anyone assist? Many thanks.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Roberts born Llantysilio 1872
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 March 17 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Who did Mary marry? As that will help to get a starting point.

I presume you do not have her marriage cert which would give her father's name and occupation.

JJ

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 March 17 15:58 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat from me too.I'm very much puzzled with the two Roberts children showing in  the 1891 Census living in the home of a Thomas and Jane Evans of Llangollen.Thomas and Jane appear to have got married in 1869 and her maiden name was Jones.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finola36

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 March 17 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi JJ,
Mary married an Evan Evans, also of Llantysilio in 1897. I was thinking of sending for the marriage certificate but wondered if there was any info online first. The censuses are good for showing all the household but I can't seem to find Mary or her family!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 March 17 16:13 BST (UK) »
There will be no info online about the Evans marriage as it shows that it was a Civil Marriage on North Wales BMD.In other words it took place other than a Parish Church.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 March 17 16:21 BST (UK) »
There is an online tree with Mary Roberts born 29th April 1872, Llantysilio, Denbighshire, parents John Roberts and Mary Hughes.

However it's best to err on the side of caution where 'trees' are concerned. My advise would be to purchase the marriage cert to ensure you have the correct line as it's never easy to follow a line with Welsh names (Jones, Roberts etc.) without certain documentation or unless they are obscure surnames  :)

JJ

Offline Finola36

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 31 March 17 16:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you JJ and William. I will send for the marriage certificate from Wrexham Register Office and take it from there. Odd about the census though (they are on the 1901 census, married and with my Grandmother aged 1).

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 31 March 17 16:30 BST (UK) »
There is an online tree with Mary Roberts born 29th April 1872, Llantysilio, Denbighshire, parents John Roberts and Mary Hughes.

However it's best to err on the side of caution where 'trees' are concerned. My advise would be to purchase the marriage cert to ensure you have the correct line as it's never easy to follow a line with Welsh names (Jones, Roberts etc.) without certain documentation or unless they are obscure surnames  :)

JJ

It could possibly be them,they are showing in 1891 with a daughter Mary born in 1874 born in Llantisilio.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Finola36

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 31 March 17 16:35 BST (UK) »
Where is the tree online please? I'd like to have a look (taking JJ's warning into account)  :)