Author Topic: Brisbane records certificate  (Read 1161 times)

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Brisbane records certificate
« on: Wednesday 05 April 17 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hi I ordered a death certificate from Queensland records office in Brisbane. They said they dispatched it on 7th March. I have sent them several emails and they said looking at customer feedback it could take up to 6 weeks. Obviously it has been sent by airmail but  6 weeks to the UK is a bit much. They have taken my money too. Has anyone else experienced this.

Moira
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane records certificate
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 12:13 BST (UK) »
That's very disappointing. I've ordered "historical images" from them and had no problem. They arrived by email, and available to download within 14 days of issue, but haven't actually ordered an actual certificate.  ???

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 April 17 05:13 BST (UK) »
I recently ordered a certificate from the South Australian BDM and it took about that time to get to Canberra. SA BDM emailed an acknowledgement with receipt number to follow up if needed, so hopefully you have one from QLD BDM. As an aside, the UK General Register Office is much more efficient and cheaper.
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 April 17 05:30 BST (UK) »
Took nine weeks once to get a certificate from Tasmania.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 April 17 06:22 BST (UK) »
From their website : https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/family-history-research/how-to-order-historical-records/

If you have ordered a certificate
We will print your certificate and post it to you within 10 working days. You cannot download the image of a certificate.

and

After we get your application and payment, we will print your certificate and post it to you within 10 working days.

and

Please allow extra time for Australia Post to deliver your historical certificate to your address.

Email bdm-mail@justice.qld.gov.au, we reply to online enquiries within 2 business days.

Six weeks is NOT an airmail service. 

Brisbane (4000) to United Kingdom via Economy air = 8 business days.
https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/GB?fromPostcode=4000

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 April 17 06:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Moira,

If you have any more Qld BDM registrations to purchase you may want to consider purchasing historical images online as opposed to a certificates via the mail, they are cheaper, can be downloaded once the money has been transferred.

My first couple of registration purchases were certificates then I went over to historical images, and they have been fine.

One needs to use a Visa or MasterCard to pay for the images if its done online.

Gerry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 April 17 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I checked QLD BDM online and I can see that the 1987 dc for our OPs likely person of interest is not yet available as an image, and is only available as a $29.00 certificate.   I am not sure why that would be so.

Historical Death Image  unavailable 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 April 17 08:08 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for all your replies, I have waited 5 yrs for it to become an historical certificate so I could send for it so I suppose a bit longer won't matter..

Moira
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 April 17 01:20 BST (UK) »
May I ask if this document has arrived?   I have a rellie who will be in Brisbane later this week and will be applying in person for some BDM non historic documents. They are happy to ask 'polite questions' re general delays etc. for foreign destinations.   

JM