Author Topic: France: Anne L'Homme, born Echiselle  (Read 5912 times)

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: France: Anne L'Homme, born Echiselle
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 August 17 15:37 BST (UK) »
Exploring the St Martin de Nigelles possibility I found :
birth of Jaques son of Claude Lhomme and Anne Juvin on the 27th of january 1704
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMjciO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6NjE0ODtzOjE2OiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sIjtiOjE7czoyMToidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbF9tb2RlIjtzOjQ6InByb2QiO30=#uielem_move=332.79998779296875%2C73&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=74&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F
page 108/380
born of the "marriage without ceromonies and without the presence of the proper curate "of Claude and Anne

Claude was an "homme de peine"=workhand man

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:23 BST (UK) »
Found birth of Claude son of Claude de Lhomme and Anne Juvin, on the 28th of February 1706
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMjciO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6NjE0ODtzOjE2OiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sIjtiOjE7czoyMToidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbF9tb2RlIjtzOjQ6InByb2QiO30#uielem_move=320%2C73&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=75&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F
page 126/380
 Born of the secret (clandestine) marriage of Claude and Anne ( it means they were huguenots)., the child  was baptized by the midwife, and then the curate legalised it.
Claude was baptized (as a catholic , of course) .
Claude the father is said to be a winegrower.

I found several baptisms of this sort in 1706 in ST Martin de Nigelles, all for children born of a clandestine marriage.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 August 17 16:37 BST (UK) »
Jacques and Claude Lhomme were sons of Claude LHomme and Anne Juvin, they married two sisters Louise and Marie Nee(lz) in 1733 and 1731), in London

Thanks to jorose for the precious infos of the Book of Temoignages

Anne is said born in St Martin de Nisible at the marriage of Claude (it must be St M. de Nigelle, i'll try to find her birth) and I am almost certain that Echiselle is St Martin de Nigelle but it had been misstated

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 28 August 17 07:59 BST (UK) »
Found the births of Marianne and Christine , sisters of Anne and it is very interesting:
Marie Anne :9th of august1711 , page 157/380
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMjciO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6NjE0ODtzOjE2OiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sIjtiOjE7czoyMToidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbF9tb2RlIjtzOjQ6InByb2QiO30=#uielem_move=375.25%2C73&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=99&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F

Translation:9th of august 1711, I, curate have baptized,Marie Anne, born this morning at 8, of the legitimate marriage of Claude Lhomme, winegrower newly reunited, and Anne Juvin, from the nearby hamlet of C... , godfather Robert Lepreux..., godmother Susanne P... the godfather has signed.The marriage took place approximatly 10 years ago in their protestant law and they lived since then as husband and wife.

Christine : 10th of april 1714, page 172/380
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMjciO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6NjE0ODtzOjE2OiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sIjtiOjE7czoyMToidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbF9tb2RlIjtzOjQ6InByb2QiO30=#uielem_move=375.25%2C73&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=99&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F

Translation :I , curate, have baptized Christine this morning 2 hours before sunrise,daughter of Claude Delommes who was of the so called reformed religion and Anne Juvin known as his wife, godfather Louis ..., godmother Christine...

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 August 17 08:33 BST (UK) »
Birth of Pierre 4th of march 1717 , death on the 21st of october , page 185/380, father Claude delhomme, mother Anne Juvin of the religion of Calvin

Birth of Louise 9th of September 1719 born at 9 in the morning, page 195/380

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 August 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all that wonderful information! I had no idea the records of that area and time had been digitised, and I wouldn't have known how to search them either. (I have a basic understanding of French (5 years at high school) but navigating some of these sites is well beyond my language skills.) And interesting to learn Claude's occupation, too - the information I have (no idea of the source, however) suggested that the family were in the silk weaving / lace making trade. Perhaps that was the women? Is 'workhand man' the equivalent of some kind of agricultural labourer, do you think?

So...am I right in reading that Claude de l'Homme and Anne Juvin had:

Jacques 1704
Claude 1706
Denise 1708
Marianne 1711
Christine 1714
Pierre 1717
Louise 1719

...I wonder where Anne is?

If I look at the entries in the Livre des tesmoinages (kindly linked to earlier by Jorose:-) ) I'm not quite sure how to read the dates. Is the age listed alongside each name the age they were on the date in the right hand column? Which would suggest Anne was born in 1702, instead of the 1710 I had thought. And while the other members are listed with l'Isle de France or St Martin de Nigelles, she's listed as being born (I presume that's what it means) in St Martin de Gaulle. Does that offer any further clues as to where her baptism record might be?

Again, thanks so very much for your help on this. I had thought this was a dead end in my family history explorations so it's tremendously exciting to have some new leads to follow up on.

Cheers,

Jenni

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 August 17 09:30 BST (UK) »
Actually...scratch that last question. Looking at another of the pages linked to by JoRose, it is suggested that St Martin de Gaulle and St Martin de Nigelles are the same place. Hmmm....