Author Topic: Marriage lookup Toronto  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Michael Davison

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup Toronto
« on: Friday 14 April 17 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hello

We have recently learnt from my partners Dad's British Army records that he married his first wife in Toronto. His name is Francis Joseph Woods (although often just referred to himself as Joseph) and his bride was Dorothy Powell. They were married on 14 May 1927. It was a surprise to find they were married in Canada as both were from North West England and we were not aware they had even been to Canada and certainly not lived there.

Is there anybody out there who could do a look up at the Archives of Ontario for us? We would be very grateful.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup Toronto
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 April 17 05:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

You have posted your question on the Canada Lookup Requests Completed board.  I expect you meant to post it on the Canada Lookup Requests board instead. 

I have asked the Moderator to move your thread.  More people will see it if it is not on the "completed" board :).

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 April 17 05:43 BST (UK) »
In the meantime...

I had a look on FamilySearch to see if I could find the marriage.  FamilySearch has Ontario marriages up to 1927. 

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1784216

I don't see it.

Ancestry has free access to Canadian records this weekend.  You could check there to see if you can find the marriage. 

RK

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 May 17 23:22 BST (UK) »
Would you know when (and where) he was born, please; perhaps he/they can be found on passenger lists?  If you would prefer to keep that information private, I understand - I don't share information about my ancestors from that era.   ;)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)