Author Topic: Need LookUp at Ontario Archives  (Read 609 times)

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Need LookUp at Ontario Archives
« on: Saturday 15 April 17 17:39 BST (UK) »
Note that I have cross-posted to Ancestry's Ontario Board.

I'm looking for the death registration of a Lillian May Jones who died in Welland in April 1942.  This date is based on an index entry for an obit in the Welland newspaper which appeared on May 1, 1942.  Any help in getting the death registration would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need LookUp at Ontario Archives
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 April 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

I don't believe an Ontario death registration would be publicly available for the year you are looking at due to privacy laws. You would need to order a copy from Service Ontario, link below.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-get-copy-ontario-death-certificate-online

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 April 17 13:55 BST (UK) »
Another year’s worth of Vital Statistics is now available. The indexes and registrations for the 1917 births, 1932 marriages, and 1942 deaths are now available on microfilm. - See more at: http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/en/microfilm/vsmain.aspx#sthash.a4S5epeb.dpuf

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 April 17 14:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info about the updated Ontario BMD availability. I'll keep the dates for future reference. Unfortunately, I'm not near Toronto so can't help with the lookup for you.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 April 17 18:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks anyway.  I know I can go the interlibrary microfilm loan route but was hoping somebody who was going anyway might have a quick look for me.