Author Topic: Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881) Born 12 October 1810 Pondicherry, India  (Read 2214 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881) Born 12 October 1810 Pondicherry, India
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 05:36 BST (UK) »
BINOT ... not possible, he died 1807 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Binot

DECAEN - possible, he died 1832 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Mathieu_Isidore_Decaen

Add from Wiki "In Pondicherry

Possibly singled out for "exile" by Napoleon Bonaparte for his association with Moreau's Army of the Rhine, Decaen was sent on a difficult mission to the French establishment in India in 1802. From 1803 to 1810, he defended the remote Île Bourbon (Réunion) and Isle de France (Mauritius) against all the efforts of the British. Ultimately overwhelmed by the superior numbers of British, he obtained an honorable capitulation. He released Matthew Flinders from house arrest in April 1810, a few months before the Battle of Grand Port (August) and the capitulation to the British on 3 December of the same year.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881) Born 12 October 1810 Pondicherry, India
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 05:58 BST (UK) »
Hi JM,

Yes had come to this conclusion but DECAEN was in Reunion and Mauritius.
I have just been informed his father was Antoine De Gurrey and Mother Sophie B
his grandchildren have these names.

Kind Regards
Paul Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881) Born 12 October 1810 Pondicherry, India
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 06:04 BST (UK) »
Just because Decaen was in Reunion and Mauritius that does not stop Auguste's mother from being in Pondicherry for his birth.   

I read the other thread, so may I mention that I agree with Cando's post and urge you to check the official transcriptions of the NSW BDM records.  There's not ever been anyone at NSW BDM who checks the accuracy of the informant's information on NSW BDM death registrations....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=769715.0

Death reg with mistranscribed surname
4805/1881
DE LAUREL Augustus P C
Father Antonie De G   Mother Sophy B
At Goulburn

Transcriptions are a cheaper option to a certified certificate, are available in NSW
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx#transcription

Info on death certs is only as accurate as the knowledge of the informant.

Any of his chn's birth registrations should show his place of birth.

Cando

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881) Born 12 October 1810 Pondicherry, India
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 July 17 03:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks David,
Tried to search but every year date is coming up blank any ideas why?
Regards
Paul Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 July 17 06:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks David,
Tried to search but every year date is coming up blank any ideas why?
Regards
Paul Williams

It's a problem with JAVA. Update JAVA and use IE as a navigator.

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Auguste Pierre de Lauret (1810–1881) Born 12 October 1810 Pondicherry,
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 July 17 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi David,
Thanks for heads up on Java wasn't loaded but in now and can view documents.

Kind Regards
Paul Williams

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 July 17 10:01 BST (UK) »
Do you find his baptism record ? In the French colonies, the children often got baptized a long time after their birth.

I think that I found a clue in a book "Armorial families : a directory of gentlemen of coat-armour Vol 1"

Marie Sophie Nicholson de Guerry de Lauret,  second dau. of the Marquis de Guerry de Lauret of Nantes, France, Pondicherry, East Indies.

In 1888, the "Annuaire de la Noblesse" mentions the death of Antoine Marie de Guerry, son of the marquis, 19 years old, in Nantes.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k366162.image.r=Guerry.f303.hl

So, in 1888, there is a marquis of Guerry and he lives in Nantes. The big question is : is there a link ? I honestly don't know.

Death record of the young man in Nantes (deuxième canton)

http://www.archinoe.fr/am44/visu_affiche.php?PHPSID=d7107a786f627fe34ae54590d9382587&param=visu&page=1#

Frame 8/ 88 - number 40

Antoine Marie Hubert de Guerry de Beauregard, 19 years old, single. He was a student. Son of Marie Joseph de Guerry de Beauregard, owner, and the late Marguerite Laurence Marie Victurnienne Colbert de Maulevrier. He was born in Yzernay (Maine-et-Loire). Died in the house of his father rue Sully n° 4.

Marie Joseph de Guerry de Beauregard was born in Nantes in 1834

http://www.archinoe.fr/am44/visu_affiche.php?PHPSID=d7107a786f627fe34ae54590d9382587&param=visu&page=1#

Frame 60/124 - number 311

http://gw.geneanet.org/pierfit?n=de+guerry+de+beauregard&oc=&p=joseph

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 July 17 03:36 BST (UK) »
The life and laughter of Suzanne Catherine Du Val 1917 – 2000
www.labyrinth.net.au/~foxplays/.../If%20You%20Knew%20Susie%20Preview.pdf

The world premiere of If You Knew Susie was staged on Thursday April 26, 2007.

And Vera had a regal
touch with a French aristocratic grandfather, the Marquis Auguste Pierre De Guerry Lauret.
The young Marquis was a close friend of Charles the 10th, King of France, and when His
Majesty was sent packing, he and Great-Grandpa roamed Europe dropping in on all the
local royals.
Eventually the Marquis settled in Australia and three generations later, here I am, mixing
my French aristocratic blood with this fine Australian white. [She toasts] A votre sante.
[Remembers] Oh and there’s a British royal connection though not by blood. Mum and Dad
chaperoned the Duke and Duchess of York in 1921 showing the future King and Queen of
England the glorious sights of Newcastle.