Author Topic: Clifford a British Home Child  (Read 480 times)

Offline Gillian Ellis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clifford a British Home Child
« on: Tuesday 18 April 17 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, my husbands great uncle was sent to Canada in 1908 aged 10 with Dr Barnardos, and subsequently worked on a Farm for Mr Obediah McPherson.  I have seen the 1911 census and I have all his attestation papers, medical records and discharge papers right up to August 1919.  I do know a lot about his family in England but after 1919 nothing more about Clifford, did he marry (he was still single in 1919), have children, return back to England?  I have access to ancestry but not world wide,  over the weekend when common wealth records were free to view I looked at 1921 census but could not find any reference to him.  Any help to find him from 1919 onwards would be greatly appreciated.
Gillian Ellis

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clifford a British Home Child
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, my husbands great uncle was sent to Canada in 1908 aged 10 with Dr Barnardos, and subsequently worked on a Farm for Mr Obediah McPherson.  I have seen the 1911 census and I have all his attestation papers, medical records and discharge papers right up to August 1919.  I do know a lot about his family in England but after 1919 nothing more about Clifford, did he marry (he was still single in 1919), have children, return back to England?  I have access to ancestry but not world wide,  over the weekend when common wealth records were free to view I looked at 1921 census but could not find any reference to him.  Any help to find him from 1919 onwards would be greatly appreciated.
Gillian Ellis

Hi,

Does Clifford have a surname please?  :)

JJ

Offline Gillian Ellis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 13:29 BST (UK) »
Sorry!  Ellis

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hello and a very warm welcome to RootsChat  :).

I'm going to attach a link here to your other thread about Clifford so others can see what has been discussed....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=769714.0

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gillian Ellis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 14:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you.