Author Topic: Norman Boocock  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Lindyboo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Boocock
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hello.  Can you send me a PM?  (I'm assuming the board has a PM facility, but not sure).  If not I'm sure we can work something out.
Thanks
McDANIELSON - worldwide
MULDOON/BANKS Co Sligo
SCHOFIELD Yorkshire
PULLEN/PULLEYN + variants Yorkshire
DUTTON - Stockport, Glossop, Halifax
JACKSON - Stockport
WALKER - Ireland
McDONALD/McDONNELL - Ireland Co Mayo
STAKE - Brighouse
BRADLEY - Pontefract
ASPINALL/SYKES - Brighouse & Ripponden

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
We are so glad to find a relation of Norman's we are in Australia and my cousin has something that we would like to return to the family, please contact me and we can arrange something... Thanks

If you click on Lindyboo's name (in brown, at the left of this screen) you will get to the proflie page http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=6333
To the left of the page, below 'Actions' is the option Send personal message - click on that, exchange details and take it from there (Rootschat doers not permit e-mail or street addresses to be posted on the public boards)

On the strap near the top of the screen is a MY MESSAGES option - when this has a number beside it you will know you have a new message.  Just click on it to open your messages page.

On behalf of all Rootschatters who care that heirlooms are restored to families - a huge THANK YOU for what you are doing.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline twizz0

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 May 18 05:47 BST (UK) »
Sent you a PM
Thanks

Offline Lindyboo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 May 18 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Rootschatters, just an update for those who've been interested in this thread.  I'm now in touch with the OP regarding Norman's medals and we're exchanging info.  It was thought that nothing of his had survived and this new contact will be of great comfort to his only son, who's now stricken by age and illness.

Rootschat - it couldn't have happened without you.  Though the internet is used to spread so much darkness, Rootschat is a space where the better nature of humankind can shine through.  Thank you.

McDANIELSON - worldwide
MULDOON/BANKS Co Sligo
SCHOFIELD Yorkshire
PULLEN/PULLEYN + variants Yorkshire
DUTTON - Stockport, Glossop, Halifax
JACKSON - Stockport
WALKER - Ireland
McDONALD/McDONNELL - Ireland Co Mayo
STAKE - Brighouse
BRADLEY - Pontefract
ASPINALL/SYKES - Brighouse & Ripponden

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 May 18 12:19 BST (UK) »
Its a heart warming story and I am so happy for you all :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 May 18 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Rootschatters, just an update for those who've been interested in this thread.  I'm now in touch with the OP regarding Norman's medals and we're exchanging info.  It was thought that nothing of his had survived and this new contact will be of great comfort to his only son, who's now stricken by age and illness.

Rootschat - it couldn't have happened without you.  Though the internet is used to spread so much darkness, Rootschat is a space where the better nature of humankind can shine through.  Thank you.

I do so love a happy ending to a story.  Thank you for keeping us updated.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk