Author Topic: James Dowdall and Mary Jane Prince  (Read 253 times)

Offline didi55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Dowdall and Mary Jane Prince
« on: Monday 24 April 17 20:26 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information on the families of James Dowdall (born 1830) and Mary Jane Prince (born circa 1830).  They were married in Belfast on 27 September 1850 - the record says it was a Civil Marriage Record.  His father was John Dowdall (Labourer) and her parents were Thomas Prince (Boot and Shoe Maker) and Mary Green.  James and Mary had 10 children, 6 of them born in Ireland (some of them in County Tyrone).  They moved to Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland between 1862 and 1863, where they remained.

I would particularly like to know dates of birth, marriage, death of both sets of parents and how many siblings there were in each family.  I don't have dates of birth for James or Mary, but I do have full information once they got to Scotland.  The name Dowdall became Dowall eventually, and is the name used by the family today.

I will post this message on the County Tyrone sub-forum too, to cover both areas I know about.

Many thanks in anticipation.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Dowdall and Mary Jane Prince
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 April 17 20:42 BST (UK) »
Link to Tyrone post-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=770215.0

Civil registration of births, deaths and Catholic marriages started in 1864 (from 1845 for non-Catholic marriages). For earlier records it's mainly a matter of checking to see if church records survive.
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline didi55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Dowdall and Mary Jane Prince
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 08:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you.