Author Topic: Charles and Charlotte Goll  (Read 478 times)

Offline GloN

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles and Charlotte Goll
« on: Tuesday 25 April 17 15:18 BST (UK) »
I am the daughter of Frances Maud Goll and have researched as far back as Charles Goll born 1796 in France.  The family were performance comediennes and I should be so grateful if anyone can help me go further. If anyone would like the family history to this point I am only too happy to help.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Charles and Charlotte Goll
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 April 17 19:26 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat

At the bottom of each RootsChat page under "Your Tools" is a heading "Surname Interests" - this is where you can put your surnames of interest.  There are a couple of entries under "Goll" which may be of interest to you.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles and Charlotte Goll
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 April 17 09:21 BST (UK) »
There is this possible baptism for him,as he could havebeen born in France to English or French parents:
Charles Goll
born 28th January 1792, baptised 15th March 1797 at St Giles Cripplegate, London
Father - John Goll, Mother Henrietta
FHL Film Number:   380208, 380209

There is also a William Goll son of John Goll (gentleman) and Henrietta, born October 25th 1795, baptised February 22nd 1797, Christ Church, Southwark