Author Topic: Mary Byrne  (Read 1727 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Byrne
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 April 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks just the LDS site not seen MC. I can come forward with this family Mary being my G Grandmother ......

Have you looked at baptism records for names of sponsors for hints?

Also civil reference for 1867 marraige for ordering LINK
District Dublin South; 1867; Quarter 1; Volume 7; Page 670
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 April 17 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello I have not looked at baptism records do you mean for Mary?
Thanks for link
Regards Val

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 April 17 10:54 BST (UK) »
You mentioned that you can come forward for the family; I meant have you looked at these records that you have located to see if there are people you can link and then follow to find out more

e.g. the baptism that aghadowey gave a link to earlier for Mary Anne LINK
One of her sponsors was a Peter BYRNE
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 April 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
Ah I see what your saying? Ok I will check that,Mary called one of hers sons Peter.
Thank you

Offline BluBlod

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 March 21 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello .Is anyone still researching this thread ? I have a GGM Agnus Byrne married Micheal Horan 15.5 1885 Her father was Charles (Caroli) married Catherine Cooke little Bray 20.5.1866  (her father was Richard Cooke ) .Charles had a sister Julia married ? Neill 13.4.1866 .

Sorry only a small piece of info bit it might help . Most of my research is connected to Horan,Balfe and Byrne .

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Valerie1,
The attached church marriage record clearly shows Mary Byrne’s father christian name was Peter not Giles.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Valerie1,
The attached church marriage record clearly shows Mary Byrne’s father christian name was Peter not Giles.

Good find, campiom  ;D

Here's the civil record for 1867.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1867/11497/8227082.pdf

Clearly shows Peter and not Giles. Compare the 'P' with Patrick in the next marriage record.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, yes this is Peter and not Giles,Peter was  married to Eliza Kelly The miss spelling of the name held me up for two years LOL , I have never found there marriage and I have never found any birth for there eldest daughter Byrne
Peter and Eliza went on to have *3 sons all born Dolphins barn Dublin these births accounted for
I believe they went on to have another daughter Josephine Byrne who s life was very colourful but I can not find a birth for her
But in Josephines last Will and testament one of her brothers John  ( *the 3 sons mentioned)  is mentioned
Sadly I have searched high and low for the marriage of Peter and ELIZA but with no success same for Mary’s birth
Sadly Eliza died quite young And within the year Peter was married again and had another daughter called prudence his wife Marie Johnson also died so Peter outlived both wife’s , even though he was much older I believe then both of them
At Peters death his daughter Mary Byrne who was then a Horan by marriage was still looking after him
I have done my DNA and all dna cousins along the way lead back to Peter and his children
I have been through NLI looking for peters marriage or Mary’s Birth zero results
All the three boys were born in dolphins barn but where Peyervand Eliza  got married I have no idea and of course not finding Mary‘s birth doesn’t help
Thanks everyone