Author Topic: Robert Henry Sobey unknown death. (born pembrokshire 1899 lived in Grimsby 1920)  (Read 6583 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Just compared "Harry Sobey, Haverfordwest, height 5'11, hair light brown, eyes blue, born 1900/01 (FindMyPast Merchant Seaman record)" with "Robert Henry Sobey, Pembroke, 5'6 1/2", blue eyes, light brown hair, born 1896 (FindMyPast Royal Navy record)"

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
What was the name of the sister who went to Australia?  Do you have her death notice?  There is a small chance that Robert may have been mentioned in her death notice.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Just compared "Harry Sobey, Haverfordwest, height 5'11, hair light brown, eyes blue, born 1900/01 (FindMyPast Merchant Seaman record)" with "Robert Henry Sobey, Pembroke, 5'6 1/2", blue eyes, light brown hair, born 1896 (FindMyPast Royal Navy record)"

:)  :)  :)   

On the image of the document where it has his height as 5'6½", etc ….. to the left of that detail it seems to be giving an address in Aberdeen, Scotland, possibly a date too perhaps of 27/6/64.  I wonder if that is significant info.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
There is a Robert SOBEY arriving in Australia in 1952 accompanied by other SOBEY's on the Strathaird.  There are no ages given.  They are headed for Port Lincoln in South Australia
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01k0x/

Ros
edited to shrink link
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
I believe harry was his brother they are both on census and also a school record  at the same time. It said both ran away to sea

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
... His sister went to Australia.

Is this a sister migrating to Australia?

COX Frank born 3 May 1903 and Alice Maud COX (nee Sobey) born 9 February 1903; travelled per NEW AUSTRALIA departing UK on 29 August 1951 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

http://naa.gov.au/collection/search/

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
His sister was alice maud sobey married frank  they went to Oz in 1955  her married name was cox they went with their son and his wife

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
So I wonder if her married and went to Oz ?

Offline Gwen in gozo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sorry 1951 not 1955