Author Topic: Help! I've Forgotten How To Post An Image  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Help! I've Forgotten How To Post An Image
« on: Thursday 04 May 17 21:04 BST (UK) »
Please can you help, I've forgotten how to post an image to a thread

I think I maybe having a senior moment as I've posted loads of images in the past  :-[ :-[ ::) ::)

Thanks

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Help! I've Forgotten How To Post An Image
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 May 17 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon,
  Once you've hit reply, there is a choice at the bottom of the window "Attachments and other options"

If you hit that it asks you to select file and you just browse and find the file.

If it complains about the filename being in use then you need to change filename to something that other rootschatters haven't used in the past - maybe add Duck to the end of the filename.

Hope this helps ...

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 May 17 21:51 BST (UK) »
Remember as well there are some forums that you can't post images on - I've been caught out on that a few times.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 May 17 22:28 BST (UK) »
Remember that the file size needs to be below the 500kb Limit too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 May 17 23:33 BST (UK) »
And if you're posting from an iPad, no go!  You will need to change the name from "image"!  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that in the iPad, but now I just email them to myself from the ipad, then pick up the email in my PC?  From there I can change the name to something more appropriate, resize it, and I can then post from the PC to the forum!
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 May 17 07:32 BST (UK) »
Many thanks everyone, I'll go and give it a go now

Kind regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 05 May 17 07:39 BST (UK) »
I'm not as daft as I thought I was, you can't post images on Lancashire Lookup Requests board