Author Topic: Anne Everley b. c1805 poss. Hopton AND Edward Williams b. c1805 poss Little Ness  (Read 2925 times)

Offline johneowens

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am looking for the baptism of Anne Eveley (possibly Everley or even Yevily or Yeiviley). The only reference I have is the baptism of her son Edward 5 November 1826 at Great Ness Parish Church, Great Ness, Shropshire:

"No. 235. Edward (base born) son of Anne Eveley pauper of Hopton & Edward Williams (reported father) servant of Little Ness by H.C. Cotton, vicar."

Moving on to the 1851C @ Freeth Street, Oldbury, Worcestershire, he is Edward Hivaley:
(Schedule 30. Edward Hivaley, visitor unmarried aged 24 sawyer b. Shrewsbury. Living with Thos & Maria Fanton & family, sawyer, 2 sons, 2 daughters & Leonard Timmins. Ref. HO107/2024/)

The following year, 20 June 1852: Edward Yieveley married @ Holy Trinity Parish Church, Smethwick: ""No. 156. Edward Yieveley full bach sawyer of Smthwk f:William groom & Amplice Gregg full spinst f:John (decd) blacksmith married by Banns. ITPO John & Mary Anne Clarke by mks

========

Also looking for the baptism of Edward Williams, servant of Little Ness, Shropshire.

Any help very much appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes

John

Owens-Swansea/Wallasey/Garston,L’pool
Jones-Erbistock/Widnes
Allen-Tetsworth/Hoole/Runcorn/St.Helens/Iowa/Kansas/Nebraska
Yieveley/Yevily/Everley/Heviley-Little Ness,Salop/Oldbury/St Helens/Garston,L'pool
Davies-Holywell,Garston,L'pool
Ithel-Bagilt,Mold
Fletcher-Rainhill/Widnes
Hughes-Marchwiel,Bangor-Is-Coed,Denbs
Thomas-Oswestry, Salop/Liverpool
Cole-Cliffe Peppard/Lyneham, Wilts
Frawley-Rathkeale, Co. Limerick
Conway-Coolanoran,Co.Limerick
Dinneen-Ballingarry,Co. Limerick

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi cannot at present locate a baptism for Ann, but just wondering if she subsequently married:-

William Walker to Ann Eveley 27th November 1829 St Martin's ( Weston Rhyn Tythe map)
Both resident Halston

In 1841 they are at Bargates, Whitchurch HO107/903/ 12/6 / 6
And in 1851 Ann Walker b c 1809 occ Gentleman's Coachman's Wife b Oswestry with family HO107/1995/581/1, checking available children with GRO index shows mmn Evelyn or Evely
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi again, in 1871/81 Ann Walker b c 1809 gives her pob as Baschurch and her burial was 11th September 1882 abode Chester Road aged 73, her husband William abode Chester Road was buried 21st April 1874 aged 68 both in Whitchurch.

A possible baptism therefore for Ann:-

Ann Yevley 8th March 1807 Baschurch Father Thomas Mother Elizth abode Calleswood Lane.( could well be Daleswood Lane)
Ann had brothers John 1806, Richard 1809 died 1809 and William 1811, they are quite easy to locate with Ye* they spend there lives in Great/Little Ness as Sawyers.

In 1841 census is an Edward Yeively 14 occ Ag Lab working for a John Broughall & family in Little Ness
Census Ref HO107/918/ 15/2 / 3

EDIT

Hi John see you have been "Active" a couple of times, but thought ok just looking!?

Thomas Yeiveley 75 occ Ag Lab
Elizabeth 70
Little Ness
HO107/918/ 15/4 / 7
They are next door to son John & family
Burial
Thomas Yeveley 26th February 1842 Baschurch aged 78
Elizabeth Yeveley 31st March 1847 aged 78
Both show as Daleswood or Daleswood Lane Little Ness
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi again, in 1871/81 Ann Walker b c 1809 gives her pob as Baschurch and her burial was 11th September 1882 abode Chester Road aged 73, her husband William abode Chester Road was buried 21st April 1874 aged 68 both in Whitchurch.

A possible baptism therefore for Ann:-

Ann Yevley 8th March 1807 Baschurch Father Thomas Mother Elizth abode Calleswood Lane.( could well be Daleswood Lane)
Ann had brothers John 1806, Richard 1809 died 1809 and William 1811, they are quite easy to locate with Ye* they spend there lives in Great/Little Ness as Sawyers.

In 1841 census is an Edward Yeively 14 occ Ag Lab working for a John Broughall & family in Little Ness
Census Ref HO107/918/ 15/2 / 3

EDIT

Hi John see you have been "Active" a couple of times, but thought ok just looking!?
Why can't I get into possibly your tree on Ancestry?

Thomas Yeiveley 75 occ Ag Lab
Elizabeth 70
Little Ness
HO107/918/ 15/4 / 7
Burial
Both show as Daleswood or Daleswood Lane Little Ness
Keyboard86
 ;DHit quote not modify again!!

Offline johneowens

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Sorry, I've been in communicado, Keyboard86, and catching up with you. Well done and many thanks for these great finds!

Looks as though you have found Ann's baptism (1807), marriage to William Walker (1829), and burial (1882).

Re. Ann's marriage to William Walker (1829), I checked the Shropshire map and found that there is a Halston Hall Estate, near Oswestry. So, I'm presuming Ann's husband was a coachman there. I see that St. Martin's, where the marriage took place, is a small borderland village north of Oswestry, 5.5 mls N of Halston, and east of Chirk - so the location looks correct. I understand the village was originally made up of the local townships of Ifton, Wiggington, Bronygarth and Weston Rhyn. I notice you quote a Weston Rhyn tythe map. What is the ref. to Weston Rhyn Tythe map? Is this map on Ancestry or FindMyPast, please?

As I mentioned in my previous post, Edward Eveley's baptismal record shows her to live at Hopton. Do you know where this is? Could not find on Google. Hopefully, this is near Little Ness, Baschurch where she was baptised in 1807. Need to check the actual baptismal record to confirm Little Ness (but that's where I found the Yevily/Yieveleys (see later).

You have found Ann's parents at Calleswood Lane, which "could well be Daleswood Lane". I see that is in Little Ness. Her parents Thomas and Elizabeth (nee Ellis?) appear to have married @ Oswestry 12 August 1800 - which would beg the question as whether Thomas & Elizabeth had other children before Anne (1807).

Yes, I had previously found Edward in the 1841, aged 14, which begs another question as to where he was between his birth in 1826 and 1841. We will never know, I guess, but given his mother was a pauper in 1826 and she married someone who was apparently not Edward's father in 1829, his situation for that period does not look good.

Since I only discovered Edward's "base born" circumstances last week and had previously assumed his father was an Everley/Yeviley/Yieveley, I had developed that line in my Owens family tree on Ancestry. Since discovering that his father was not a Everley/Yeviley/Yieveley, I wiped the line from my tree, Now, I will rebuild from Ann Eveley and Edward Williams.

You have included a couple of Census refs, but I cannot find these? Which censuses, pls?

"Thomas Yeiveley 75 occ Ag Lab
Elizabeth 70
Little Ness
HO107/918/ 15/4 / 7
Burial
Both show as Daleswood or Daleswood Lane Little Ness"

Did you find any sign of Edward Williams, please?

Here's the url for my tree on Ancestry: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/25258016/person/380084175404/facts

In the meantime, I'm searching to find any other info on Anne and her family further back. Once again, any help will be appreciated.

Best wishes

John
Jones-Erbistock/Widnes
Yieveley/Yevily/Everley/Heviley-Little Ness,Salop/Oldbury/St Helens/Garston,L'pool
Ithel-Bagilt,Mold
Fletcher-Rainhill/Widnes

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi again, the census for Thomas & Elizabeth in 1841 shows as surname YAVELEY on Anc****
I note Ann gives various places of birth other than Hopton ( Hopton Wafers perhaps) 
Keyboard86

PS the reference to the Tythe map was an additional piece of information supplied on the transcribed marriage.

PPS The Eliza Walker you show on your tree is in fact a LOUISA in 1841.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi again also baptisms Oswestry, St Oswald's

Elizth Yeveley born 28th May 1800 baptism 4th June 1800

Mary Yeveley born 29th March 1803 baptism 3rd April 1803
Father Thomas Mother Elizabeth
Keyboard86

Offline johneowens

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Many thanks, Keyboard.

Please keep them coming.

Correction noted. Seem to have found a photo of Ann on Anc****. Now, working on her parents.

Any luck with Edward Williams b. c1805 poss Little Ness?

Best

John
Jones-Erbistock/Widnes
Ithel-Bagilt,Mold
Fletcher-Rainhill/Widnes

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
 ;D Are you serious a Williams in Shropshire no pob no yob no occupation??
Keyboard86