Author Topic: Austell family of Quakers  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Aceh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Austell family of Quakers
« on: Tuesday 09 May 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
I descend from William Austell Jnr, who it is suggested, "died a prisoner for the truth" on 12 December 1692. I also have his marriage date but nothing of his date of birth, which I believe was in the village of Oare, near Pusey, in Wiltshire. It is believed that his father William Austell Snr, also of Oare, was married to a Dorothy, whose birth family is unknown. I have found no details of births, or marriage for this couple, but they are recorded to have died within days of each other in 1679. It is further suggested that Dorothy and her son William Austell Jnr were the first of the Austell family to join the Society of Friends; whether William Snr also became a member is unknown.
I am hoping to trace this family back in time into the 16th century, beyond its association with the Quaker movement, so if anyone out there is also researching this family or can offer further information, I should be very gratefull to learn of it. 
CUL(L)MER: N, E + SE London 19 cent, E Kent pre 1830, New York post 1850, Vic Australia post 1850
JOHNSON: (dockers/ropemakers) Tower Hamlets pre WWII
OSBORN:(dyers, scourers & gloove cleaners) Hoxton, Islington, Clerkenwell pre 1900
KEWLEY: Bradford 1830-1913, IoM pre 1850
CANNELL: IoM pre 1820
FABB: Cambridge
COLE(S): Warks/Oxon border pre 1830
RILEY: (RC) Bishopsgate area pre 1800
HALE: Brighton pre 1850
KIPPS: E Kent pre 1750
HARDING: MEOT post 1850, Bath Area pre 1850
PARTINGTON Lancs