Author Topic: Balfrys in Missouri  (Read 901 times)

Offline jaybeedee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Balfrys in Missouri
« on: Tuesday 09 May 17 19:48 BST (UK) »
I would like to make contact with anyone who has knowledge of the Balfry families that settled in the area of Holt Missouri, USA.
A William Balfry born 1794 near Limerick, Ireland married Ellen Leonard in 1828 then went to Lambeth, near London, England where he worked as a farm labourer. They had 7 children and returned to Limerick. In about 1850 they emigrated to USA ending up in Holt, Missouri where sons John, Thomas and William established separate families.
I would like to know how these families developed. I am also particulariy interested to know if there is any family knowledge as to the parents of William in Ireland. Although I have the record of his marriage to Ellen, the marriage is recorded as a single line in the church register with no mention of parents. Knowledge of the parents would help in fitting this branch into the wider family tree. You can see what is currently known about the Balfry diaspora at the website  www.thebalfryfamily.blogspot.co.uk. where you can also find my email address.