Author Topic: Peter O'Keeffe  (Read 4071 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter O'Keeffe
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 May 17 14:40 BST (UK) »
Thomas MORAN m Mary WALSH on Oct 05 1868

These are the MORAN children as I can see
Aug 27 1870 John LINK no access to original
Feb 20 1873 Thomas LINK #357
Feb 21 1875 Bridget LINK #131
May 28 1876 Mary LINK #364
Jan 28 1879 Alice (1) LINK #194; she died 1880 LINK no access to original
Jul 04 1882 Michael LINK #140
Apr 12 1885 Edward LINK #195
May 10 1890 Alice (2) LINK #174

Bridget MORAN m Michael DELANEY on Sep 11 1899 (informant on Patrick MORAN's birth?)
1901 census LINK
1911 census LINK
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline wakey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 May 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks, actually Peter went to Connectcut 1909, under the name Keefe, the O been dropped,
on the 1901 census for Mary, that is her sister Alice, who also went to the States. 1908, the Mulcahy boys on census are no relation,( this puzzled me for ages, but it seems they were been looked after by Mary Moran (senior). I think their mother was in workhouse, in Carrick on Suir.  On the1901 census Mary (born 1876) was working in a house in Carrick on Suir, Co Tipperary, this been the local town, my father was born 1904, Mary would then be 28years old.  My great- grandmother was a very canny lady, gave my fathers name as Hurley, on 1911 census, that  been the name of the people where Mary used to work, so I worked the rest out.(I have requested a few times for it to be changed to Moran and update his age, but they have not done it)  Thank you for the links to the graves, unfortunately, Mary's one did not download the picture. I am delighted with all your help. Also, I think Bridget Moran born 1875 and Alice born 1879, appear to have died in infancy, leaving them with 5 boys and 2 girls, all, except John went to America.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 May 17 15:17 BST (UK) »
Bridget did not die in infancy as Alice did

Bridget MORAN married Michael DELANEY on Sep 11 1899 (informant on Patrick MORAN's birth?)
Links to her on the 1901 and 1911 census above

Son Michael born March 5 1902 LINK #180

It looks as if Bridget died in 1915 aged 39 LINK #253

I don't know what became of her husband and son
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline wakey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 May 17 16:49 BST (UK) »
Well I am just amazed at this information, it seems my father was well and truly led up the garden path, as he had no idea at all about these relatives, his grandmother ( who reared him) died when he was about twelve, he then had to take a job as a servant until he was old enough to join the army, he had no one to tell him anything, indeed, he did not even know when he was born, always thought or was told that his mother was only 17years when he was born, well, we now know different Thank goodness for modern technology.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 May 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
Indeed many people grew up unaware of much family history/information
Hope this information helps
Further generations:

Offline wakey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 May 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
Indeed, I am delighted and extremely grateful for all the information and help I have received here, now feel have loads to go on,  Soo delighted to know that my grandmother built a life for herself in the States, she had been through so much, with the climate as it was at that time.  So very thankful times have changed and moved on. A million thanks to all on Roots.Xx