Author Topic: Framsden Bishops Transcripts and Pead  (Read 893 times)

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Framsden Bishops Transcripts and Pead
« on: Saturday 13 May 17 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

If someone is going to Ipswich Records Office could you do me a favour? I have the Parish Registers of Framsden on microfiche but the baptisms for 1739 are virtually unreadable. I think one of the first recorded for that year may be a son of John Pead and Anne, possibly James.
I think that the Ipswich RO keeps Bishops Transcripts for that year which should cover Framsden. Could someone have a quick look at the BT microfilm and confirm anyone called James or Pead baptised that year? I am unable to get up to Suffolk for a while hence my request.
many thanks
John

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Framsden Bishops Transcripts and Pead
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi John, I had a look at the parish transcripts of Framsden on microfilm and the first entry for 1739 was Sarah dau of James and Temperance Birch baptised April 30th 1739

I looked through 1738, 1739 and 1740 but couldn't see any Pead baptisms in these years, or anyone called James.

A Daniel Pead is baptised 22nd May 1741 s/o John and Anne Pead, and then they baptise another son called Daniel on 13th June 1742

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Framsden Bishops Transcripts and Pead
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Annes

Thank you so much for looking for me. These were Bishops Transcripts rather than the parish registers werent they? I know the other entries you kindly found as they are the same in the parish registers but I had hoped that the BTs might record any missing entries from the actual parish register of baptisms. Its extremely puzzling as the parents seemed to have gone 10 years without any baptisms in Framsden although it appears that two other children James and Michael were born in this period. I will have to try the old circling out method again and try and find them Again thank you so much for looking.
kind regards
John