Author Topic: Sylvester Nethersole of Barham  (Read 613 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sylvester Nethersole of Barham
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 June 19 21:40 BST (UK) »
Fascinating to read this will extract as I am currently building a pedigree for Nethersole and I have that Sylvester (dau. of Thomas Ladd of Barham) married a Nethersole (slight confusion as to which one, but I think Vincent as his 2nd wife) and had:

1/ John Nethersole (1546-1627) who m. 1581 Peregryne Wylforde of Nonnington
2/ Alexander Netherole (living 1596)
3/ Christopher Nethersole, gent., of Dover (will 1596, pr.1597)
4/ Vyncent Nethersole of Wimingswould (living 1596) who m. Elizabeth Denne of Kingston
5/ Afra or Aphra who m. 1584 Francis Rickarde, gent. of Barham and/or Postling
6/ Amye who m. 1576 Andrew Smythest of Buckland
7/ Mary who m. Thomas Mundye
8/ Sara who m. Francis Burden, gent. of Dover

I also have a Steven Nethersole (who I suspect is a cousin of the above children, but I am not sure how) who m. 1583 at Barham Elizabeth Longe.

I can take this Nethersole pedigree backwards and forwards in time and should be pleased to compare notes if you are on the same journey.

Many thanks,
Caspar

Hi Caspar

Vincent Nethersole of Wymingswold (or Wymynswold) who married Elizabeth Denne is my direct ancestor.

Like you I have quite a lot of info on the Nethersoles taking them back several generations. There were several marriages between the Nethersole and Denne families with cousins marrying cousins at various points.

I would be happy to share the info I have on the Nethersoles (and the Dennes if you like). I don't have my notes on these families to hand at the moment but if you pm me with your email address I can send you my notes on them and a copy of the [rather large] Nethersole tree I have for you to look at.

I look forward to hearing from you and comparing notes and seeing how much further we can get with this family - they are a very interesting family.

Best Wishes

Matthew

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.