Author Topic: Grandfather john gunson stephenson  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Harry Hawker

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grandfather john gunson stephenson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 November 20 05:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Myrtle46,

Thanks for your thread here. I have been researching the STEPHENSON tree (Greysouthen/Great Clifton/Workington) for the last couple of months now. It appears that John Gunson STEPHENSON might be my grand uncle from what I have been able to piece together so far. My grandfather is one of Johnís siblings. On balance, it is likely we appear to be second-cousins.

I am limiting my research to Thomas STEPHENSON and his wife Dorothy Ann STEELE through to now as it is apparent even to me that it is a large body of work accounting for everyone, let alone digging back into the past even further. Each time I dig Iím finding there are more questions than answers but I do add to my lines of enquiry which is helping me build a picture.

Your thread here has been of terrific assistance to me thus far in giving me context around your grandfather and added to my research. I do have some very basic details on this tree that I am happy to share with you if you are interested. I do have some numpty questions about the family and any intel you have per the above, that you might be in a position to share with me would be really appreciated!

I know this thread is a bit long in the tooth these days, but Iím hoping there is a chance you might still occasionally interrogate it.

Hope to hear from you. Thanks again.

HH