Author Topic: CUSACK  (Read 3241 times)

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
CUSACK
« on: Friday 19 May 17 23:01 BST (UK) »
My aunty Sheila Pollard married James Cusack  who was born in Nov 1909 Glasgow, Died in Reading, Berkshire 1984. 
On their marriage Certificate in Dublin, Ireland in 1937 James's  father was Anthony Cusack, a Labourer.  One of the witnesses was  Thomas Curtin (husband of Sheila's eldest sister Christina aka Dinah). The other witness was Anne Cusack.

One of my Cusack cousins (one born in Dublin the other in Scotland) has his grandfather Anthony Cusack dying in Glasgow 1959 but no Grandmother's name.

Can anyone help with finding out who my uncle James'  mother was and also who was Anne Cusack please?  Maybe someone  in Glasgow is related to James' family?

I'm a newbie when it comes to researching in Scotland as my ancestors were from Ireland!

Regards...Teresa
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: CUSACK
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 May 17 23:16 BST (UK) »
You would have to buy a copy of Anthony's death cert to get that info as deaths for that period cannot be downloaded on Scotlands People

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 May 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
SP index shows he was 80yrs old when he died in 1959 - death registered Cathcart (Glasgow)
Ref  644/12 1009
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 May 17 23:23 BST (UK) »
There is no Anthony Cusack on the Scottish 1901 but there is a 20yr old on the Irish 1901

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001103500/

You can look him up on the Scottish 1911

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 May 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
SP index has a marriage for an Anthony Cusick and Margaret Dunn 1908 Hutchesontown Ref 644/15 Entry number 113

You can also download a copy of James birth cert from SP which will give his mothers name

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 May 17 06:47 BST (UK) »
You would have to buy a copy of Anthony's death cert to get that info as deaths for that period cannot be downloaded on Scotlands People

The limit for deaths is 50 years so a 1959 death should be available for download.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 May 17 16:38 BST (UK) »
How daft am I - got it muddled and was thinking 75yrs.  Thanks Ev ;D

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 May 17 18:07 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to your replies, but I've just been in contact with my Cusack  cousin again and discovered that he had moved.

He said he has a copy of his grandfather Anthony Cusack's Death Certificate which he is going to post to me. He was born  on 11 July 1879 in Scaheen? Westport, Co. Mayo.  I've got a copy from the free Irish website and his parent are John Cusack, Land Holder and Annie but I can't read what her maiden name was as the writing is so bad.

I told my cousin I had found an Anthony & Margaret Cusack on the 1959 Electoral Registers  at 3 Bankhall Street Glasgow S.2 and 1945 same address, Annie Cusack, Anthony and Margaret.

He also said ''The 1945 address at Bankhall street was for grandad Anthony his wife Margaret and their daughter in law Annie who was married to uncle William.  In fact another Aunt moved in with grandparents when her husband died in a dock accident her name was Margaret but known as Peggy "

BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset