Author Topic: Samuel Hall born 1794 1795 Llangarron  (Read 1693 times)

Offline RogerP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Samuel Hall born 1794 1795 Llangarron
« on: Wednesday 24 May 17 00:14 BST (UK) »
Can SKS please look up Samuel Hall born at Llangarron (Langaren) Herefordshire in 1794 or 1795? He is in most census at East Dean and he dies about 1874 in Forest of Dean. He marries Hannah Morgan at Walford in 1819. They have about 10 children chr at Drybrook 1820-1843. There may be something on Ancestry in other family trees, but I cannot find a parish record of him at Llangarron, although there are several Hall families there at that time.
Thanks
Parfitt, Payne, Markham, Panther, Watts, Newby, Horswell, Branscomb

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Hall born 1794 1795 Llangarron
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 May 17 13:29 BST (UK) »
Only one I can find;
HANNAH Hall Christened 16 February 1794, Langarren, Herefordshire to JAMES/SARAH
(F/S.Org)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 May 17 16:26 BST (UK) »
If you don't have the exact details he was buried at Drybrook 12 Feb 1874 aged 79, a Carpenter by trade.

The Forest of Dean site has the baptisms in Drybrook of all 10 children but nothing at all anywhere for Samuel.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline RogerP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 May 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks. I wonder why his birth record is not available. I am looking for him because I think he is related to Elizabeth Hall born about 1800 in Broad Oak. Elizabeth Hall married in the same Walford church as Samuel, and a Samuel Hall was a witness to her marriage in Dec 1816. Samuel married Hannah Morgan. Elizabeth married John Williams (1786-1849), Elizabeth Williams had the Morgan twins of Ruardean (James and Henry) as lodgers in 1851. Elizabeth named her first son Samuel, so there seems to be links to Samuel Hall of Llangarron and the carpenter of Dean Walk, Upper Bilson.

There is a Betty Hall chr Jan 1801 in Llangarron. In 1851 Elizabeth says she was born in Broad Oak, Gloucestershire, but Broad Oak Herefordshire seems like a better possibility because it is near Llangarron. This has become a messy saga to find Elizabeth Hall, but looks possible. Any suggestions please?

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 May 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
The church at llangaron is actually a chapelry, responsibility for it rests with the vicar of lugwardine, 15 miles away,

The clergydatabase suggests that at the time you looking llangarron did not have a resident cleric,but shared a curate with St  Weonards.

It is possible that record keeping was not as good as it might have been.

Mike

Offline RogerP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 May 17 00:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you. That is useful info.