Author Topic: Eunice ENGLAND birth/baptism c.1787 of Shepton Beauchamp  (Read 1851 times)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Eunice ENGLAND birth/baptism c.1787 of Shepton Beauchamp
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 10:24 BST (UK) »
FreeREG is not always consistent in its use of "?". In this case the register just has a blank space, as if someone intended to write in the name later. The rest of the page is fairly well-preserved, so it's not likely that something was there but has faded right away.

David

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 10:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that David as I havent been able to find the original image.
Another question for you please,
If that was Eunice then she would be only 17 at Marriage.
They record would likely have she was a Minor then?

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 11:50 BST (UK) »
If you have Ancestry, this is the record (which has a link to the image)

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?ti=5538&indiv=try&db=somersetparishearly&h=151242253

It was usual to indicate a minor in the wedding record, but not always done. Some printed marriage registers had a space to put the names of the "consenters" but I notice this parish used one that didn't, which I suppose makes it more likely that they would be left out. Looking at the previous few pages, with the same curate, none show minor and many don't even have bachelor or spinster, so I don't think we can read much into it not being shown in this case.

David

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
Ok, thanks.
Silly me never though of looking for it on Anc!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline MissAims82

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 June 17 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hmm she still seems to be somewhat of a mystery then. I can try to follow the one piece of info we have and see if that will either confirm or deny that those are her parents names. I'm just wondering if maybe she went by a middle name instead of her first, which then would make things even more difficult to track down but could be why there is no baptism for her with the name Eunice.
I did come across a marriage record for her that listed her as a Spinster at the time as well so just wondering if her birth year is off possibly too. Thank you all so much for the help so far :)