Author Topic: Fleece Innot c.1760  (Read 779 times)

Offline keithjd27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fleece Innot c.1760
« on: Friday 16 June 17 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Nice People,  Hope all is well with you all. Just a quick question  - Has anyone got any knowledge of a place called the Fleece Inn , Rhayader,
 Radnorshire around 1750 ish as I think  part of my family  ( the Lewis's) were running it. It would appear that at least 2 generations died and are buried nearby and am hoping to go and see for myself in early September. Thank you for any help - kind regards Keith

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fleece Innot c.1760
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 June 17 12:25 BST (UK) »
Wales is famous for its Welsh sheep farmers, so I'm presuming there could have been several pubs/inns/taverns in the county of Powys/Radnorshire going by the name of "Fleece".

I've found one Fleece inn in Penybonting that was operating in the 1700s.

https://penybontlhgnotes.wordpress.com/
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy<br />MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell<br />Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar
Ross, Urray:Mackenzie<br />Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell<br />Perthshire: Brown Ferguson<br />Wales: McCarthy, Thomas<br />England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells<br />Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.