Author Topic: John Taylor  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Hawki56

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Taylor
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 05:27 BST (UK) »
Third post - should be able to send to me now Ann.  :)

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 11:12 BST (UK) »
DB I have managed to find Victorine Botta on the passenger list, :) I knew from the previous  ships list I found  the ship departed from Southampton on the 11 June 1912 & arrived in Quebec on the 27 June 1911 at 7 ,20 am, I hope John was there to meet her, Thanks again for all your help.

Ann
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

A very Warm Welcome Hawki56,  :) and thanks again for taking the time to join RC and add to Ann's
post.

Ann - You're welcome. I'm sure John was there with bells on. ;D

Canadian WW2 Service Files are privacy protected, and therefore not online. You can apply for them
but there is a cost involved.
http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/Pages/obtain-copies-military-service-files.aspx

Just reviewing, and there is another small item about the Taylor's in the book "Dynamic Dinsmore",
attached to the Falk family. Lou Taylor and Herb Falk were childhood friends. Also make note that J.E. Falk was born in Northeasthope, Ontario...same location as the still birth death, see my reply #16
 Column 2, 2nd paragraph, page 196
http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=3933077&qryID=3ed2ac7f-c707-4663-9452-632d1008efb1
A photo of the Dinsmore School, Page 21, Lou Taylor #68, Herb Falk #73
http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=3932902&qryID=3ed2ac7f-c707-4663-9452-632d1008efb1

No luck yet on the elusive Edward. ???

Cheers,
DB

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 14:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,

Perhaps an email to the Wheatland Regional Library, Dinsmore Branch for a lookup for an obituary
for John. It may mention family.
https://www.wheatland.sk.ca/contactus

Cheers,
DB

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 July 17 10:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks again DB, will try that, I send an e mail asking for info, so far no reply.
re Edward maybe he didn't want to be found as:
Edward Taylor, labourer, late of Haven-street, was summoned being the putative father of the illegitimate female child of Sarah Squibb.—The defendant, who failed to answer the summons, was ordered to pay a weekly allowance of 2s, until the child attains the age of 15 years. Isle of Wight Observer Ryde, Saturday, January 12, 1884  :o

On 17 January Edward Taylor Joined the Border Regiment. prior to this in IOW Militia

little did he know that Sarah Squibb died  & was buried on the24 May 1887, I don't what happened to the child  may be adopted. 

Ann
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 14 July 17 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hawki56

I have sent you  2 private messages did you receive them?

Ann

Offline Avant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 01:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,
John Taylor is my great grandfather. I’m interesting in learning more about him. I recently joined ancestry.ca but I’ve come up with nothing. I was glad to get pictures of grave stone for your posts.
Mark

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hello mark pleased to have made contact with you. how are you descended from John?
I would like to send you a P M personal message, but I think you have to post 3 messages, before I can do that, so if you reply to this one  then send another I will do that.

Ann

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 08:50 BST (UK) »
What name are you under on ancestry?

Ann