Author Topic: Query ~ HMS Victory WW2  (Read 35896 times)

Offline Nicky Corbett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Query ~ HMS Victory WW2
« Reply #27 on: Monday 21 January 19 17:05 GMT (UK) »
That is brilliant, thank you, i will PM you now. I have been searching for anything on my grandfather for years but other than the photos and basic information we already have I've been at a loss.
Murphy, Lynch, Lewis, Corbett, Bell

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 January 19 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Done...My Father is the one laid out on the left...ever the joker in the pack  ::) ;D ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Nicky Corbett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 January 19 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, haha it is an amazing photo and a great memory for you to have  :D
Murphy, Lynch, Lewis, Corbett, Bell

Offline Tracyann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 16 March 19 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi did you say you had some other photos of the ship's company from other years.my Dad was on HMS Victory from the 14th July 1942 to 31st July 1942.
If you or any one else have any info I would be grateful as I'm just starting on my resurch journey
Many thanks Tracy

Offline Tracyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 16 March 19 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much KG...I couldn't really make much sense of what I read online about it so that clarifies it for me  ;D
I have 14 of these photos, some are groups and about three are individual shots, any idea how I can find out who was there at the given dates as I'm sure there are families who would like copies.
Carol

Hi my Dad was on Hms Victory  from the 14 to 31st of July 1942. Was wondering if you had anything from that time
Many thanks Tracy

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 16 March 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracy, Sorry I can't help you, the ones I have are all from 1941  :-\
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Tracyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 17 March 19 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracy, Sorry I can't help you, the ones I have are all from 1941  :-\
Carol
[/quot e] thanx anyway

Offline Elicia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 21 March 19 23:09 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was stationed at the training camp "HMS Victory from October 1940-December 1940. I would love to find any photos that may have been taken at the camp during that period. Very interesting to see the ones of the group of sailors posted from 1941! Would these be official photos, and if so, would anyone know where I could find them? Many thanks! :)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 21 March 19 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elicia and welcome to RootsChat, the photos that I posted were personal ones belonging to my Father. Not sure where you would find photos covering the dates that you mentioned.
Carol