Author Topic: Looking for children of Helel Hammerschmidt Keller  (Read 1981 times)

Offline tammyjb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for children of Helel Hammerschmidt Keller
« on: Thursday 29 June 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find 2 or 3 children of Helen Keller. I do know of some children but some are still not found. Helen was born Dec. 15 1919 and passed away Sept. 9, 1959. I know of *. There are still 2 or 3 more I can not find. Is there a way to look someone up just by their birth mothers name. I do not know any information for these kids other then one might of been born around 1950 and one around 1959 when Helen passed away. Helen was Born and passed away in Wisconsin. Her birth name was Hammerschmidt and Keller is her married name.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Coraggio, Brunner, Keller, Hammerschmidt

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for children of Helel Hammerschmidt Keller
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 June 17 06:47 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, tammycoraggio.

Could you say what country she was born and died in, and whether her maiden name was Hammerschmidt and married name Keller, or some other combination?

Thank-you.

Added:
She is in a tree on Ancestry.  Suggest you contact the tree owner as they have many children (private) for her, plus 2 named ones (Scott and Grant with their death dates).  (Tree owner 25kkati)

For others:  Helen was born in Wisconsin, as Hammerschmidt, and married Clement Keller.

Offline tammyjb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 June 17 19:41 BST (UK) »
Thank You. I did add the state and her name info.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 June 17 22:17 BST (UK) »
Obituary for Helen's husband, Clement W Keller, with information on the extensive family:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=clement-w-keller-bud&pid=15022775&fhid=5691

( On Ancestry, records of Wisconsin births from the Lutheran church stop at 1940, so only one child of Helen is recorded.)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 July 17 08:32 BST (UK) »
As most of the children are still alive, suggest you look on facebook as quite a few of them are definitely on there - you did not explain your connections to them.

Offline tammyjb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 July 17 18:28 BST (UK) »
I am new to this site sorry. I am helping my aunt look for 2 or 3 brothers or sisters that they are not sure what happened to them. We already know about the ones listed in Helen and Clement obits. We are looking for children of Helen Keller other then the kids I have listed. Ward, Sandra, Grant, Barb, Deborah, Judy, Mary, Scott, and Julie. I do not need info about any of these kids I have listed. I can not look people up on Facebook seeing we do not know any names or other info of the missing kids all we know is that Helen was their birth mother.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 July 17 19:45 BST (UK) »
Are you saying that Helen had other children than the ones listed in that obituary, and, if so, are they also Clement's children?

Were they adopted?

Offline tammyjb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 July 17 19:49 BST (UK) »
Yes, she had other children and that is who my aunt wants me to find. She does not know if her father Clement was also the father of them children for sure or not. She said one was born when her mom died so I believe that child would have a birth date of Sept. 9, 1959 or maybe a day before that. My aunt also believes that child was a girl.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 01 July 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
Do none of the other children have more information about the missing children, as the first child was born in 1938(?) so was an adult by their Mother's death?