Author Topic: John Deane  (Read 747 times)

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Deane
« on: Saturday 01 July 17 08:26 BST (UK) »
Help needed to find John Deane parents, he is in Rushall  Wiltshire his marriage is in 1796 to Elizabeth Hodge he then baptised some  of his his children with the surname  Cook/e Deane he was buried in the name of John Cook Deane in 1839  age given 61 yrs Rushall, when his wife and son both died in 1820 all of their children went by the surname Cook until this day, there is a Thomas Dean in Rushall so far i cannot find a connection to see if he is a brother or relative, John and Elizabeth's  first child was Susanna Cooke Dean and second child James Deane,
 i have drawn a blank as to who his parents were i found a John Deane bapt. 1782 in North Cerney Glouscester to a Thomas and Susanna Deane could this be my John Deane and his parents? i have tried everything but get nowhere, maybe a fresh pair of eyes can help, it would very much appreciated,
Jaz

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Deane
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 July 17 08:40 BST (UK) »
Possibly illegitimate, so may have been baptised as John Cook/e.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 July 17 08:42 BST (UK) »
Amazing what a google search throws up:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=290466.0

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 July 17 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi chempat,  i thought he may possible be illegitimate or the mother remarried, guess i will never know whom my  4xgrt grandfather's parents were, yes it is my old post  i have  got all that info and  yet i am still further on in finding out the  parents for John Cooke/ Deane to back even further, and was hoping someone may have them in thier tree or may know what to do to find him as nothing seems too, alas another brick wall, thank you for replying,
Jaz